SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Window Auto-up Feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 SL550
Window Auto-up Feature

At least on US cars, the all-windows up button (center console) must be held "up" to raise all the windows. For the side windows, the up button has two clicks, the second allowing the auto up feature.

However, the rear windows won't auto-raise. You have to hold the button up. I'm sure it's a safety issue since the rear windows raise at an angle and probably don't pass (US) anti-pinch rules.

Are there any aftermarket options to enable full auto-up? Maybe a service menu setting or module?
Old 02-17-2015, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,343 Likes on 2,064 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by pharmscott
At least on US cars, the all-windows up button (center console) must be held "up" to raise all the windows. For the side windows, the up button has two clicks, the second allowing the auto up feature. However, the rear windows won't auto-raise. You have to hold the button up. I'm sure it's a safety issue since the rear windows raise at an angle and probably don't pass (US) anti-pinch rules. Are there any aftermarket options to enable full auto-up? Maybe a service menu setting or module?
The auto-up worked great on the R230. As you stated it was disabled for the R231. I thought I had read that the smart top module also handles that. Maybe I wrong on that. Search the forum...
Old 02-18-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 Mercedes GLC 43 AMG
I have the smart top and it handles that. It is well worth the money imo although it was a little funny watching a valet hit the open button twice and seeing all of the windows go down. He couldn't figure out what he did
Old 02-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 SL550
I forgot about the Smart Top handling the windows. This seems worth it to me. Thanks!