SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: SL550 back speakers PROBLEM SOLVED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 SL63 AMG
Originally Posted by Bitbytr
At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'll relate my experience: my '13 has the B&O upgrade; I took advantage of the 'engineering fix' described above; and by fading the sound back at about -5 I am blown away by the sound fidelity and depth its stage – front to back and side to side. In the interests of full disclosure, I am not an audio engineer (should I need to be?) and I have been to many, many great gigs where I was within shouting distance of the lead singer et al. And, of course, the stage speakers, by implication. (I also turn up the volume on the car to override the sometimes intrusive tinnitus... :-) )
Hey, central florida here, too. We should get an SL meet together. 😁
Old 07-01-2023, 06:21 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
2014 SL65 AMG, 2018 S560
Originally Posted by Bitbytr
At the risk of flogging a dead horse, I'll relate my experience: my '13 has the B&O upgrade; I took advantage of the 'engineering fix' described above; and by fading the sound back at about -5 I am blown away by the sound fidelity and depth its stage – front to back and side to side. In the interests of full disclosure, I am not an audio engineer (should I need to be?) and I have been to many, many great gigs where I was within shouting distance of the lead singer et al. And, of course, the stage speakers, by implication. (I also turn up the volume on the car to override the sometimes intrusive tinnitus... :-) )
Did you notice that the sound mode option (to the right of the fader) also changed from left/right to front/rear? I thought just switching to the rear option made a big difference without even changing the fader.
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
Hi all, I just picked up a 2017 SL63. Does someone know a good installer in the South Florida area that can upgrade the sound and or amp for the rear speakers. Thank you in advance!