SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Can/Do MB dealers discount "pre paid service contracts" like they do for "warranties"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 10:41 AM

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
1986 560SL, 2017 E300, 2018 Sl550, 2020 E350
Can/Do MB dealers discount "pre paid service contracts" like they do for "warranties"

Hi All,

We all know some MB dealers discount warranty contracts but, does anyone have experience with pre paid service contracts being discounted ?.......................................

Also...what about wheel and tire policies....does MB offer a wheel and tire that is accepted by all dealers and is this able to be discounted as well?.............................................

One more question as relates to Extended Warranty, Service Contracts and Tire and Wheel......Is it best to put cost of these in "Gross Capitalized Cost" or pay cash up front outside of a ONE PAY lease?..................................

I need to figure all this out w/in a few days as my 2020 E450 has arrived and I will be putting the deal together w/in a few days.

THANKS to all for answers

Steve
Old 08-27-2019, 05:50 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 SL450
Steve,

I can only tell you what the sales manager told me, when I leased my SL back in May of 2017. MB does offer a wheel and tire contract, but they also use another company's program, which costs roughly the same, but has better benefits. I bought that contract, because my wife had accompanied me to the sales closing, and was harping on me to buy it. Left to my own devices, I'd not buy any wheel/tire contract again. I've used the service twice, and each time was at a different dealership from where I leased the car. Both times it worked perfectly. I have no idea if they would discount the program. Good luck with your new car.

Steve
Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 321 Likes on 237 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by jetjok
Steve,

I can only tell you what the sales manager told me, when I leased my SL back in May of 2017. MB does offer a wheel and tire contract, but they also use another company's program, which costs roughly the same, but has better benefits. I bought that contract, because my wife had accompanied me to the sales closing, and was harping on me to buy it. Left to my own devices, I'd not buy any wheel/tire contract again. I've used the service twice, and each time was at a different dealership from where I leased the car. Both times it worked perfectly. I have no idea if they would discount the program. Good luck with your new car.

Steve
My dealer discounts the post-sales stuff like extended warranty, prepaid maintenance and wheel insurance (which is a no brainer because we wind up with curb rash at least once a year). They start with a "package" discount but for some weird reason, if you give them your Costco card they apply an additional, significant discount. No idea if it's a local co-op marketing thing or national, but I learned about it three cars ago and it's worked ever since. It's not BS because they access the Costco member # database for approval.
The following users liked this post:
jetjok (08-27-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 430 Likes on 319 Posts
2015 SL400; 2019 X5M40i
BMW offers a prepaid maintenance plan that adds items to their 3 year plan that were dropped when they reduced it from 4 to 3 years. The standard plan pretty much only covers oil and filter changes. The enhanced plan adds items like wiper blades, belts, brake pads and rotors to name a few. I don't know if MB has a similar plan. I know Audi also offers a similar plan to BMW.