SL/R231: 2017+ Software/Firmware Updates for Transmission and Comand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 08:08 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
SL450
2017+ Software/Firmware Updates for Transmission and Comand

Hi SL Friends,

Last week I took my 17 SL450 in because under hard driving in the Sport modes when paddle shifting up the car was skipping 3rd gear. And then on occasion when the car was downshifting on it's own it would slam down into 3rd.

I also couldn't get the Android Auto to connect and stay connected for more than a few minutes.

We took a quick test drive with a Service Manager who agreed the shifting under 'festive' driving was not correct.

They claimed to update the car it's an overnight gig.

The next morning I picked up the car. I'm not sure if the shifting issue is resolved 100%. I was able to do a couple of quick full acceleration tests. And with traction control off, the car spins the tires off the line and spins the tires shifting to second and again into third. If I manually shift the transmission I can leave a pair of tread marks all the way up to 50mph (without just spinning at the line).

I don't like that i just bought the car in Sept from Mercedes as a CPO and they didn't bother to update the Comand system - but why bother fixing a problem - wait till it bothers the customer.

Transmission Software Update - Old 9015000 ---> New 9022983

Comand Software Update Old 1769023702 ----> New 1769027702

I haven't had a chance to test the Comand system yet. Will post an update when I know more.

Dave B
Old 11-07-2019, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 233 Likes on 189 Posts
Shanks’s Pony
I hadn't noticed any issues however, they did mine when it was serviced in April. Together with the service, they needed the car for most of the day.

It seems that Mercedes will not spend money on a car standing of the sales lot (well not here) and will wait for the next service / owner complaint.