SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Random electrical issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 09:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 sl550 r231
Random electrical issue

Good morning All, so 2013 SL550, 100k miles, every now and then the ac electrical system cuts out? Then randomly will come back on at some point, is this a battery issue? Main battery replaced less than a year ago, secondary battery unknown when it was replaced last….any advice on where the issue is?
Old 11-09-2021, 10:28 AM

Received 205 Likes on 132 Posts
SL 400
I do not know what is causing your issue, but it sounds like it sucks. I can tell you that my Range Rover Sport was doing something similar. It started out small and turned into something more. It turned out to be my display unit where the odometer is was going bad and then gave out completely. It was going bad for a while. That issue caused my electrical system to cut in and out. Once Range Rover replaced my display everything was instantly fixed with no further issues.

Hope you figure it out....

Originally Posted by Mstimely
Good morning All, so 2013 SL550, 100k miles, every now and then the ac electrical system cuts out? Then randomly will come back on at some point, is this a battery issue? Main battery replaced less than a year ago, secondary battery unknown when it was replaced last….any advice on where the issue is?
Old 11-17-2021, 10:59 AM

Received 448 Likes on 307 Posts
2020 GLC300 -2013 Sl550 - 1997 SL600
Originally Posted by Mstimely
Electrical issues are always tough to diagnose over the ‘net.
I would scan the car with Xentry and see if it reveals any clues. That heating cooling system is complex.
I can tell you many times I’ve tracked issues like that, it was a loose or bad ground. But not always. 😕
I doubt it’s battery related unless the car is displaying other symptoms of a weak battery/charging circuit.

Good Luck,