SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Daytime running lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 SL550 edition 1
Daytime running lights

I have a 2013 SL550 edition 1… I have owned it for about five years. The car originally came from Miami Florida. It is my understanding that certain things had to be done to make it conform to Canadian laws. One of them being daytime running lights. Does anyone know about this? The passenger side light strip at the bottom does not come on. It is not the light itself as it will work if I plug it in to the other side (drivers side ) harness. There is no power coming to that connector on the passenger side only. Any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2024, 06:26 PM

Received 429 Likes on 300 Posts
2020 GLC300 -2013 Sl550 - 1997 SL600
Originally Posted by Carhoby
I have a 2013 SL550 edition 1… I have owned it for about five years. The car originally came from Miami Florida. It is my understanding that certain things had to be done to make it conform to Canadian laws. One of them being daytime running lights. Does anyone know about this? The passenger side light strip at the bottom does not come on. It is not the light itself as it will work if I plug it in to the other side (drivers side ) harness. There is no power coming to that connector on the passenger side only. Any suggestions?
Are you getting any messages on the dash?
Make sure you cycle the ignition when you do the light swap. On many MB’s, the SAM will cut power to the side that has the blown bulb. You have to turn everything off and on again after you have installed the bulb (light bar). Also try the lights when it’s set to auto.

Good Luck