SL-Class (R231) 2013 on: Discussion on the SL550

SL/R231: Very nice iPhone Mag-Safe holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 02:08 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 Mercedes Benz SL550 w/ ABC; 2010 Cadillac SRX 2.8L Turbo
Very nice iPhone Mag-Safe holder

My iPhone needs to be plugged into one of the USB ports in the center console for CarPlay to work in my 2017 SL550 (and technically for higher-fidelity music than what can be achieved over Bluetooth, as if that can be discerned with the stock Harmon-Kardon system). Anyway, I’ve generally always tossed my phone on the passenger seat with the wire attached until I came across this holder on Amazon. It is shockingly sturdy even though only attached with 3M adhesive, and very-well designed. My phone snaps onto to it HARD (literally pulls it from my fingers) and there isn’t the slightest bounce or jiggle while driving. Will easily even hold an iPad. It rotates 360° and flips every which way so there’s a ton of places to put it, although I think I found the perfect spot. I don’t use a phone case but it will work if your phone case has Mag-Safe (Edit—it does include an adhesive ring to attach to non Mag-Safe cases/phones). It’s just a holder, doesn’t charge your phone or anything but it works waaay better than I anticipated (they do make charging versions). And frankly, it compliments the dash and IMO looks perfectly at home, nestled amongst all the other round dials and vents. I used only the included 3M adhesive for a permanent mount (which can still be removed permanently if desired), but it also comes with an extra mounting plate if you wanted to only attach the plate to take the entire mount on and off. I don’t know why someone would do that unless maybe they were bringing the mount indoors to a magnetic desk or to use in another car or something. Since it’s so discreet I couldn’t see any need to remove it. Anyway, just sharing if someone else can use something like this; it feels as though it were a $500 machined luxury product. Two big thumbs up! https://tinyurl.com/ycxa3bab

Attached Files
File Type: mov
Holder.mov (19.03 MB, 1 views)

Last edited by HighPercentile; Today at 02:56 AM.