SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: New Baby

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 11:16 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
GLE350
Originally Posted by wem
The saga of my 2023 SL55 that has been sitting in the VPC since February is finally over. I took delivery of my 2022 SL55 this afternoon (the 2023 is still sitting at the port). Hyper blue exterior/Exclusive Macchiato Beige/Titan Grey interior, Performance Line, 21" AMG Forged Cross-Spoke, Silver rims, both Night packages. Here are a few quick shots. The depth of the color in person is insane. I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning for PPF and tint. I got the Conquest dollars and the 3.99% interest rate.

WEM: We put up with a lot of nonsense from MB. They make great cars but their inventory management and customer sensitivity leave a lot to be desired. Hard to stay pissed once you drive one of your own. Your's is gorgeous and proved to be worth the wait. Love both interior and exterior Enjoy!
Old 04-25-2023, 11:41 AM
wem

Received 199 Likes on 112 Posts
'22 AMG SL55;'23 Porsche Cayenne S Coupe;'13 Porsche Boxster S
@Omega803 I completely agree. Lots of nonsense with MBUSA especially since February when the original car landed in Brunswick Georgia and sat there. As soon as I saw my new car yesterday, a big grin took over. Seeing it in person, and hearing the throaty exhaust made it worth the wait (and much of the aggravation). My dealership and sales associate were terrific throughout the process. My son was so disappointed this morning when I told him I couldn't drive him to school in the new ride because I had to drop it off for PPF and tint. I won't have it back until early next week. In the meantime, I will finish reading the owner's manual. I look forward to completing the break in miles to really drive it like an AMG. I am not worried about the various issues that are mentioned on the forum (battery, roof, buggy software, etc.). With the knowledge gained on this forum, I am better armed to discuss any issues that crop up with the dealership. I have never shied away from buying the 1st model year of new cars. More often than not, all of the bugs were addressed with new updates from the manufacturers. I am sure it will be the same with MB.
The following users liked this post:
js_cls (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:02 PM

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts
C63s
It seams like MB made a disaster out of the release but they may not be the blame. There may have been some obstacles that were out of there control. It’s hard to believe that they intended the late release for the 22s and 23s. There may be a lot more to the story than we know.
drgek (04-25-2023)
Old 04-25-2023, 01:04 PM

C63s
Love the interior. Just make sure to wash your hands before entering the vehicle.
Old 04-25-2023, 03:08 PM
wem

Received 199 Likes on 112 Posts
'22 AMG SL55;'23 Porsche Cayenne S Coupe;'13 Porsche Boxster S
I can't remember the last time I had a light colored steering wheel. When I get it back from PPF and tint next week, I will clean the leather and apply Guardsman Protect and Preserve. I will apply ScotchGuard Rug and Carpet to the carpets to hold me over until WeatherTech has the all weather mats configured for the new SLs. It is so easy to keep spending money on our toys. This morning I told the ppf installer to do the entire car instead of the front clip. The total for the Xpel Ultimate Plus and the Xpel Prime XR ceramic tint (all glass surfaces) is now $5825. I can't imagine what it would cost if I had it done by the dealership.
Old 04-25-2023, 11:18 PM

C63s
Definitely would help me sleep better at night if I had full PPF coverage!
Old 04-27-2023, 03:07 PM

Received 167 Likes on 121 Posts
1986 Light Ivory R107 560SL, 2020 Lunar Blue W205 C300 AMG-line
Originally Posted by wem
The saga of my 2023 SL55 that has been sitting in the VPC since February is finally over. I took delivery of my 2022 SL55 this afternoon (the 2023 is still sitting at the port). Hyper blue exterior/Exclusive Macchiato Beige/Titan Grey interior, Performance Line, 21" AMG Forged Cross-Spoke, Silver rims, both Night packages. Here are a few quick shots. The depth of the color in person is insane. I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning for PPF and tint. I got the Conquest dollars and the 3.99% interest rate.

I am DROOLING, congrats! Ever since the R232 came out, hyper blue over macchiato has been my favorite spec. It’s different, elegant and sporty, all without being in your face. Truly a beautiful combo and very much what I would like to think of as a French Riviera spec. I could totally see this car along the beach in Cannes or Saint-Tropez. Such a rich spec, if only I was in the market for one… Enjoy!
wem (04-27-2023)