SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Digital Light in US SL63s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2023, 04:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Had mine does as well by RJ Automotive along with a bunch of other mods. One thing I noticed on a drive early this morning in the dark is that the front axle lift up/down action causes the car to display some icon on the road (not sure what the icon was of though, looked like some arrows along a vertical line, I'll pay closer attention next time). Haven't seen anyone else mention that yet, so thought I would.
The following users liked this post:
wem (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 05:56 PM
wem

Received 186 Likes on 105 Posts
'22 AMG SL55;'23 Porsche Cayenne S Coupe;'13 Porsche Boxster S
Originally Posted by ughc43
Had mine does as well by RJ Automotive along with a bunch of other mods. One thing I noticed on a drive early this morning in the dark is that the front axle lift up/down action causes the car to display some icon on the road (not sure what the icon was of though, looked like some arrows along a vertical line, I'll pay closer attention next time). Haven't seen anyone else mention that yet, so thought I would.
I will need to check out the front axle lift display too. In addition to the Digital Light activation, I have the start/stop done by RJ. What else was he able to do? At the time I had my stuff done, he didn't offer the exhaust valve open always open. Is it available now?
Old 10-19-2023, 06:40 PM

2019 C43 AMG Coupe
They have the new list here for our cars, just click on the MBUX 2 option: https://rjautomotive.net/pages/coding-options

I had my default drive mode set to individual (so I could make it whatever later), enabled snow mode, disabled start/stop (I think they had to disable it entirely because the auto-disable on startup wasn't working right, they said some others had the same issue). I had already added the dashcam feature, they set it to auto-record at startup. The one I was excited about isn't possible for our cars apparently, the disabling of active lane assist (leaving it in a passive warn-only mode, so it doesn't steer me into incoming traffic). The traffic light assist they said we didn't need, and I think the automatic parking speed was increased, but I haven't checked that yet.
The following users liked this post:
wem (10-19-2023)
Old 05-01-2024, 01:24 PM
wem

During the past several months, I had several software updates performed at the MB dealership. Unfortunately, the last round of updates removed the Digital Light functionality and Auto Start/Stop changes made by RJ Automotive. I contacted RJ Automotive to have the programming redone. Here is the reply I received:
Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately programming of MBUX2 vehicles is now unavailable for a few months. Mercedes have temporarily removed aftermarket coding access to all companies for the time being while they review the policies around aftermarket coding. This happened last week.​This effects all companies that offer aftermarket coding so no one can do it currently.
We estimate it could be a few months before the access is returned.
Sorry to dissappoint.
Ughh, the Digital Lights are one of the best features of the car.
Old 05-01-2024, 01:29 PM

2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Yeah can confirm the same (well, noticed the auto start/stop was undone, was going to confirm the digital lights as well tonight). Did receive the same message from them though, huge bummer
Old 05-01-2024, 11:25 PM

2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Doesn't look like I can edit my last comment, drove the SL63 tonight and the digital light change is still there, so I think it was only the auto start/stop affected for me. The lights are honestly my first or second favorite thing about the car, so I'm glad I didn't lose it
Old 05-02-2024, 06:50 AM
wem

I’m jealous. I lost the auto start stop after the second round of MB software updates performed at the dealership. The digital lights disappeared after the third round of software updates.