SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Rear Wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 03:57 PM

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts
C63s
Rear Wing

Doesn’t seem like my rear spoiler is is automatically raising on higher speed. Probably not driving fast enough, lol. Where in the menu is this function at? Thanks

Last edited by BLAM; 06-24-2023 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-23-2023, 04:18 PM

Received 128 Likes on 68 Posts
2022 SL55 AMG Roadster; 2024 Land Rover P400 Defender 110; 2020 Porsche Macan S; 2023 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by BLAM
Doesn’t seem like my rear spoiler is is automatically raising on higher speed. Probably not drive fast enough, lol. Where in the menu is this function at? Thanks
You can set a manual raise and lowering of the spoiler as one of the two functions for the screen on the lower left of the steering wheel.
Old 06-24-2023, 12:23 AM

C63s
Originally Posted by drgek
You can set a manual raise and lowering of the spoiler as one of the two functions for the screen on the lower left of the steering wheel.
Yes, I’ve already set that up on the steering. I want to know how to set it to automatically raise on higher speed.
Old 06-24-2023, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 358 Likes on 204 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
If my memory serves me well, when the rear wing rises at higher speeds as well as when the front dam lowers at higher speeds is to some degree dependent upon which program you are in. I’ve noticed that in sport+ the front dam lowers much sooner than it does let’s say in sport or comfort. I believe the same is the case with the rear spoiler. Otherwise I think the rear spoiler only goes up to its highest mode at about 80 mph.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:34 PM

C63s
In sport+ over 80 doesn’t raise my wing. Can someone confirm please. Thxs
Old 06-25-2023, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 AMG SL63
My SL63 definitely does. Shows up on dash in little car icon in upper right hand corner. Shows front air dam and rear spoiler. When the front dam is down it is underlined in red and rear spoiler goes from yellow ( partially raised) to red (fully raised).
The following users liked this post:
drgek (06-26-2023)
Old 06-26-2023, 01:05 PM

Received 186 Likes on 100 Posts
2022 AMG SL63, 2015 Ferrari 458 Spyder, 2021 ALPINA B7
Thanks for solving the puzzle - I had been wondering what this icon depicts and did not know the color language.

so I guess - white = not opened at all, yellow = partly, red= fully extended.

i suppose this is fully described in the manual? Even how to do this manually?
Old 06-26-2023, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by Tifoso48
Thanks for solving the puzzle - I had been wondering what this icon depicts and did not know the color language.

so I guess - white = not opened at all, yellow = partly, red= fully extended.

i suppose this is fully described in the manual? Even how to do this manually?
You are right with the colors. Don't know about the manual. However you can manipulate the rear wing from the left side circular knob on the steering wheel. Look at the upper icon.

Old 07-01-2023, 09:45 AM
wem

Received 191 Likes on 109 Posts
'22 AMG SL55;'23 Porsche Cayenne S Coupe;'13 Porsche Boxster S
Originally Posted by BLAM
Doesn’t seem like my rear spoiler is is automatically raising on higher speed. Probably not driving fast enough, lol. Where in the menu is this function at? Thanks
Purely in the interest of gathering some real world results this morning, I took the SL for a spin with the top down. Of course, all of the data was collected driving in "Mexico".
The rear wing raised to the highest position (the wing was visible in the rearview mirror and there was a red icon on dash) at speeds above 90 mph. It lowered to a lower height when I slowed to around 88 mph (no longer visible in the rearview mirror but still red icon on the dash). The dash icon turned yellow when my speeds dropped down to the 60s. The dash icon turned blue when my speeds dropped down to the 30s.
Thanks for giving me an excuse to collect some spirited data in Mexico.
The following users liked this post:
klingsor (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023, 10:27 AM

C63s
Originally Posted by wem
Purely in the interest of gathering some real world results this morning, I took the SL for a spin with the top down. Of course, all of the data was collected driving in "Mexico".
The rear wing raised to the highest position (the wing was visible in the rearview mirror and there was a red icon on dash) at speeds above 90 mph. It lowered to a lower height when I slowed to around 88 mph (no longer visible in the rearview mirror but still red icon on the dash). The dash icon turned yellow when my speeds dropped down to the 60s. The dash icon turned blue when my speeds dropped down to the 30s.
Finally a good answer! Thxs
Old 07-01-2023, 08:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
S350
Originally Posted by wem
I spotted you zipping by me the other day in Atlantaico, Georgialajara. That state trooper probably thought he would have had to call in air support with the engine roar he heard and decided not to be bothered by it.

On a serious note, thanks for the useful info. Someone had to do it, and I'm glad you shared it with us.
Old 07-02-2023, 02:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,617 Likes on 2,225 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by wem
Curious, what speed was the spoiler rated for? Any autobahn drivers on the forum that can shed some light?