SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Center Screen Tilt Function Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG SL63
Exclamation Center Screen Tilt Function Failure

2022 SL63 - Greetings all...anyone else had the center screen tilt function cease working? I have tried it on the Touch Bar below the screen and inside of the software but no luck. Heading to dealer next week but sure would like to get it fixed without the trip. Worked fine for first couple of months.

Thanks...WFEPSE
Old 07-05-2023, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 348 Likes on 197 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Please let us know how this works out.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
AMG SL 63
There is a software update the dealer must install. This should fix it.
Old 02-06-2024, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 SL55
Did the software update solve the issue?

I am facing the same issue and I was wondering if the software update has solved the issue? It will be great if you share some details.

according to the dealer, I need to bring the car for an MBUX update and it will take time.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
AMG SL 63
Center screen tilt/software update

Hi Jameel. Yes, the software update will fix the issue, however, I’m gonna warn y’all that this is a continuous issue.

If the battery ever runs down or dies, the car will basically corrupt the software and they have to reload the software. When they do updates it usually corrupts the software, ironically. So again, they will have to reload the software.

I would expect that the dealership will have the car for several days after they do an update or software reload because it typically takes that long for them to sort it all out.

Fortunately for Mercedes, driving the car is amazing otherwise it wouldn’t be worth all of the hassle. 😂

Originally Posted by Jameel N
I am facing the same issue and I was wondering if the software update has solved the issue? It will be great if you share some details.

according to the dealer, I need to bring the car for an MBUX update and it will take time.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:27 AM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
SL63 AMG (R232)
My screen (new car) has also moved without me doing anything or it didn't move when I wanted it to move. Didn't really bother me, it happened twice but I don't get the whole system anyway: Why didn't Mercedes just use a better quality outdoor display with a higher nits figure and a anti-reflective display? Yes, it would have been more money but probably not really more than the tilting mechanism. I really don't get it.
The following 2 users liked this post by RTC63:
California John (03-26-2024), Surge (04-03-2024)