SL/R232: New Owner in Germany...Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 09:11 AM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
SL63 AMG (R232)
New Owner in Germany...Questions

Hi guys,

Just got my new SL63 AMG and I really love this car. I won't get into too many details how I got it (new, from Mercedes Online Germany) but I bought it with a huge discount because the car was manufactured end of March 2023 and was standing too long at a factory dealership here in Germany.

So the car has the software status from end of March 2023, incl. the MBUX software version E329.xxx (the latest one is 445.xxx I think).

I have a few minor issues with Apple CarPlay I hope to resolve with a MBUX software update but the most important question I have is: How the heck do I get DOLBY ATMOS to run (I have the Burmester 3D High End Surround System)?
I tried everything but I never see the Dolby Atmos logo.

Also, another stupid question: Does someone know with what software version the new 2.4 Update for MBUX startet? Was ist 329.xxx or 330.xxx or maybe even 445.xxx?
I asked my dealer and they are still investigating but nobody can actually tell me if Dolby Atmos is supposed to work on my car or not. Funny.

Also, the SL63 is supposed to have cylinder deactivation, right? Why doesn't it seem to work on my car? Maybe because I am in the run-in period? I tried *I mode and the most "moderate" settings but nothing. Car is not run-in yet.

I'm also not sure if I have the battery drain issue or not: The car was just fine but when I played with the sound system for around an hour in the garage, I got the battery warning. Drove afterwards around 100 km and it disappeared and didn't come back.

Does someone have any documentation for certain service actions regarding the battery drain issue? Anything I could show to my dealer? They play a bit dumb but I think that if they sold me a NEW car incl. full new car warranty, they should make sure that the car had all the (quasi-)current software updates, right? Unfortunately the software (MBUX and the other control units in the car) is from end of March 2023, when the car was manufactured.

Any hints? Advices? Thanks.