SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Playlist format for MBUX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2024 SL63/2018 E63s Estate
Question Playlist format for MBUX

I have only recently got my new SL63 and am trying to get familiar with all the quirks of the MBUX system. My 2018 E63s wagon does not have this system so it is all new to me. It took me a while but I have finally resolved the issue of having two usb sticks at the same time: one for the dashcam videos and the other for a large selection of music. My collection has some 8600 songs and I do like to use playlists to sort.

The system sees the USB stick and the individual artists, albums etc. but it does not see the playlists files. I have tried using the following formats: m3u, mbp, wpl, asx and pls and none of these formats are recognized. Can anyone advise?
Old Today, 05:38 AM

Received 123 Likes on 64 Posts
2022 SL55 AMG Roadster; 2024 Land Rover P400 Defender 110; 2020 Porsche Macan S; 2023 Audi Q5
Originally Posted by Spotty-Dog
I have only recently got my new SL63 and am trying to get familiar with all the quirks of the MBUX system. My 2018 E63s wagon does not have this system so it is all new to me. It took me a while but I have finally resolved the issue of having two usb sticks at the same time: one for the dashcam videos and the other for a large selection of music. My collection has some 8600 songs and I do like to use playlists to sort.

The system sees the USB stick and the individual artists, albums etc. but it does not see the playlists files. I have tried using the following formats: m3u, mbp, wpl, asx and pls and none of these formats are recognized. Can anyone advise?
On my iMac, I use a program called M3Unify to create my USB stick of music files from my music library. I’ll double check, but I’m fairly certain it creates playlists in the .m3u format, and they’re read properly by the MBUX in my ‘22 SL 55.