SL-Class (R232) Discussion on the 2022 R232

SL/R232: Disable proximity autounlock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 09:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
c280 w203
Disable proximity autounlock

I’ve been able to do this on past ///M cars but haven’t yet found it on the R232.

id like to disable the feature where the car unlocks as I approach and only unlock when I touch the handle. Is this possible?
Old 08-10-2024, 09:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,616 Likes on 2,224 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by djxtc21
I’ve been able to do this on past ///M cars but haven’t yet found it on the R232.

id like to disable the feature where the car unlocks as I approach and only unlock when I touch the handle. Is this possible?
It technically isn't unlocked, it just pops out the handles, the car isn't actually unlocked.

If you want to disable keyless go you can, then the handles wont pop out when it senses the key nearby. You double press the lock button until you see a constant light for a second. Pressing any key will re-enable keyless go.
Old 08-10-2024, 09:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
c280 w203
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
It technically isn't unlocked, it just pops out the handles, the car isn't actually unlocked.

If you want to disable keyless go you can, then the handles wont pop out when it senses the key nearby. You double press the lock button until you see a constant light for a second. Pressing any key will re-enable keyless go.
that is what I am looking for, I often walk by the car while at work and I just don’t want the battery to drain as I keep walking by.

any tips on how to do so?
Old 08-10-2024, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,890 Likes on 2,602 Posts
2019 C63CS
The steps are a little different with the latest key fobs, but it's in your owner's manual. As said above, you turn it off from the fob itself. Then when you walk up to the car the door handles won't automatically extend. MBs don't unlock automatically like BMWs when the key fob comes within range, but the newfangled door handles extend every time you walk past the car. You will have to do this every time after locking the car, though and then to actually unlock you have to wake up the key fob first.

Link to the section in your owner's manual:
https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manu...ion-of-the-key

Last edited by superswiss; 08-10-2024 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2024, 02:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,616 Likes on 2,224 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by djxtc21
that is what I am looking for, I often walk by the car while at work and I just don’t want the battery to drain as I keep walking by.

any tips on how to do so?
Originally Posted by superswiss
The steps are a little different with the latest key fobs, but it's in your owner's manual. As said above, you turn it off from the fob itself. Then when you walk up to the car the door handles won't automatically extend. MBs don't unlock automatically like BMWs when the key fob comes within range, but the newfangled door handles extend every time you walk past the car. You will have to do this every time after locking the car, though and then to actually unlock you have to wake up the key fob first.

Link to the section in your owner's manual:
https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manu...ion-of-the-key
Oh ya that is true, I forgot since 2024 they changed the method.

I wonder if OP should just toss the key in a faraday pouch and then unlock and lock the car via Mercedes Me Connect and call it a day, or OP can just remove the battery and then unlock the car with the app (although this is more risky because then if the app doesn't work, OP can't get in the car).

Once the disabled key is inside the vehicle (after unlocking from the app), just place the key at the marked spot and start engine like how a dead battery key is stored. Although there is a risk of forgetting to bring the key with you when you do that.