SL/SLC-Class (R107) 1971-1989 : 250SL, 280SL, 450 SL, 380 SLC, 450 SL, 380 SL, 560 SL

SL/R107: Thank you to those who gave advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 380SL
Thank you to those who gave advice

Just wanted to say thank you to those who gave advice on my post awhile back, about how to start up or more to the point, jump our 83 sl380 and the trunk would not open. I was given start points on the car, to look for the positive + black box under the hood, on passenger side and then ground the other cable. It worked just fine, charged up the battery, hood popped open as soon as the car started up!! She now has a brand new battery, and soon will be up for sale. She runs great now, the battery is only good for 4 yrs or so. it was over due! So should anyone be interested in a 1983 Silver 380SL comes with both tops. Soft top is about 2yrs. old. will get back on the milage, as I am not sure of it. Great engine, everything is original on her. Nothing like an airplane engine to get this baby going. REason for selling: Unable to keep the car anymore. My hubby is disabled, not up to driving and collecting as he had so desired to. Health reasons really took him away from doing what he wanted. We only had this car a year. She does look great,inside is fair, seats still in decent shape, black interior leather seats up front. dash panel all works, but could use some cosmetics as well as the automatic shifter location for more on cosmetics. Has the wood grain look. Not sure what hubby will sell for yet, just hoping someone will like to have an addition to their collection and or start one with ours. Will post more info as he is able to tell me what he wants to do. Thanks again folks for helping me out.