SL/SLC-Class (R107) 1971-1989 : 250SL, 280SL, 450 SL, 380 SLC, 450 SL, 380 SL, 560 SL

SL/R107: Wiper arm cap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
380sl
Angry Wiper arm cap

I am recently new to the forum. I am trying to locate the small plastic, round, cover that fits under the wiper arm and covers the wiper arm spindle nut on the 380sl, 1982,

MB no longer supplies them. they are called in the MB parts book a: wiper arm cap, and the part # is 107-824-0072.

Does anyone know where I can get a pair. New or decent used ones would be fine. Thanks in advance. Larry
Old 04-05-2018, 04:33 PM

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts
2008 E63 wagon (1 of 62)
Just do a search in Google or your favorite search engine for the part number you have listed above.. I just did that and it comes up with all sorts of places to get them online.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:14 PM

380sl
Thanks that was the first of several hunts to find these caps. I have had absolutely no luck. Maybe that is due to the fact, as i have been lead to believe by my local dealer, that MB has only recently discontinued them. I assume the after market has yet to get onboard.

On Google you get only one direct source that is out of the UK. and they are asking around $70 for the two caps required.
The other sources are catalogs for parts houses, none of which stock the item. There is nothing on Ebay and none of the salvage yards in the southwest have them used, as the sun kills them early on.

Surely, I cannot be the only one who has need of these caps, since they are vulnerable to the elements.

It is easy to pull the wiper arms and pull off the caps for inspection. Failure to have these caps installed is both unsightly and can cause corrosion in the wiper linkage, which can lead to catastrophic failure of the wipers when in use. When the arms are removed it would be a good time to lube the spindles with some synthetic lube as petroleum based lubricants can destroy the plastic in the linkage.

Still in need of source for these caps.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:14 PM

380sl
Still looking for a supply source for these caps.
they seem unobtainable. I have found notib=ng domestic and found foreign sources in Kiev, Ukarin, Riga , Latvia, and the UK, but when pinned down they have a catalog listing but no parts.

Racing Fool (thanks) in a earlier post said they were readily found on the internet. i have not been able to find them. Maybe I using the wrong search methods. I am Desperate for a supply source as the car looks a bit odd with its nuts showing.

Somebody out there must have some knowledge of these covers and where to find them.

Anyone have a salvage yard or local Mercedes mechanic that might be able to help procure these bits. Thanks
Old 04-06-2018, 10:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
1988 560SL, 2017 SL 450, and a few Corvettes
Have you tried Pelican Parts?