SL/SLC-Class (R107) 1971-1989 : 250SL, 280SL, 450 SL, 380 SLC, 450 SL, 380 SL, 560 SL

SL/R107: Missing Vacuum/Intake Manifold Components

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450SLC
Missing Vacuum/Intake Manifold Components

Hi, I recently bought a '79 450SLC that has sat for 10+ years as the previous owner began an engine swap they never finished. The car was ridiculously cheap, and I couldn't back down from the challenge so I picked it up. He told me that the last thing holding him up was that he couldn't remember how all the vacuum lines/intake manifold components went back together.

I have tried to determine what all components live on top of the manifold and what all runs to them. I was wondering if there were any diagrams or pictures that I could reference that show me what everything is and where it goes. I have some boxes of miscellaneous parts, but I fear I may be missing some items. The previous owner did give me all the of the information they had, which included 3 manuals, one of them being 1971-1980 Mercedes V8 Engine Service Manual, and other assorted info they had collected online. Below I attached some pictures of the intake manifold in its current condition.

In other news on it, the engine cranks off the key, the engine makes great oil pressure when cranking, the fuel pumps work, and there is spark coming from the coil at least, however I don't want to be fighting vacuum leaks/want to determine what all I need exactly to get this engine fired up again. It seems like he was almost across the finish line with his install so I hope there is no lingering mechanical issue that he was hiding when he sold it to me.

Also what other pointers to reviving one of these cars could you guys give me?

Old 12-11-2023, 07:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
1985 380SL
Check these out:

https://www.tonk.ca/r107CD1/Program/...45/073-199.pdf

https://www.tonk.ca/r107CD1/Program/..._38/14-050.pdf