SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Hardtop bug??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CL600 Black
Hardtop bug??

Well, I had to call MB Roadside Assistance yesterday because the trunk lid won't close. This is what happened....I let my friend drive my car yesterday afternoon. As we pull up to my driveway, I instinctively pulled on the hardtop latch to put the top up. At the same time, he pulls on the trunk lid opener!!! I heard the roof mechanism whirring away then, everything just stopped. When I looked at the trunk lid, it was open and the roof was still neatly folded inside. However, the left hydraulic already pumped up so if you close the lid, it lifts on the left side. Called Roadside Assistance and the guy forced the lid to close then played with the latch pulling and pushing it to put the top up or down. After a few minutes the trunk lid closed shut and the car started putting the top up.

This has never happened on my Lexus SC430 ever. You would think that Benz will somehow control that via software? I'd hate to be calling Roadside Assistance again because the roof is stuck.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55, Murcielago
Originally Posted by jettie1767
....I let my friend drive my car yesterday afternoon.

Well, there is your first mistake...Just kidding. I have had some problems with my trunk lid opening really hard when I put the top down on my car. I would take the car in and have it evaluated.