SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Cup Holders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Arnage Red Label
Cup Holders

I was looking at an 05 SL55 at the dealer today and asked about the large cup holder that hooked to the passenger seat on 03 and 04's. It wasn't in this car and he said they must have deleted them on 05's. Anyone know the real deal?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
They come with cup holders?

I don't think that these cars should have ANY cup holders. Eat and drink at the restaurant...and talk on the cell phone when you AREN'T driving!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

I don't think that these cars should have ANY cup holders. Eat and drink at the restaurant...and talk on the cell phone when you AREN'T driving!

I know the M5s in germany dont have cup holders, but do the AMG cars?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG

I agree about the need for cup holders in cars like your F40, but an SL is a real world useable car and in my world, I am going through a drive through every now and then! I am just wondering why benz would delete something that is actually useable(to some) that was already in production.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:25 PM

2001 E320 (210.065), Brilliant Silver; 2002 Ducati ST-2, Arrest-me Red
Unhappy MBZ, tsk, tsk.

Hey, Juiceit.

I've always thought the location on the cupholders was insane, i.e., right over the center console, which isn't insultated against spills and if you dump liquid in it, it shorts out lots of things and costs about 1K to replace. Smart. DOH!

So I guess their response is to dump them rather than properly seal the console or relocate the cupholders.

I'd bet if you really want one you can find a custom shop in your area that could put in something nice for you. Just don't let them put it over the console!

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Old 04-29-2005, 03:33 PM

Bentley Arnage Red Label
Originally Posted by Gregs210
Hey, Juiceit.

I've always thought the location on the cupholders was insane, i.e., right over the center console, which isn't insultated against spills and if you dump liquid in it, it shorts out lots of things and costs about 1K to replace. Smart. DOH!

So I guess their response is to dump them rather than properly seal the console or relocate the cupholders.

I'd bet if you really want one you can find a custom shop in your area that could put in something nice for you. Just don't let them put it over the console!

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

Actually they left the ones over the center console that can only hold a 12oz can and got rid of the actual useable one that hooked to the passenger side seat. I guess Europeans don't get the giant drinks we get here!