SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Dont know what to buy (SL65 or Aston Vanquish S)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g
Originally Posted by Lexani
NOTKTS:

Why is this even hard for you? You had better get that SL65, or else no more

:p

Just messing with ya, but you know, what other vehicle can give you a massage while runnning high 11s through the 1/4 mile blasting the AC?
A Ferrari F430???
Old 05-08-2005, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by NOTKTS
A Ferrari F430???
Check my link, and read through the thread. Fred managed to get us an F430 along with a couple of Lambos and stuff.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
but the spiders wont be in the US untill next year.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Some people have more connections than others.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:48 PM

CLK430, CLK500, SL500
Originally Posted by treynor
They're both gorgeous cars, but the Aston has a history of reliability issues which makes the Mercedes look like a Lexus. That, and the SL65 will suck both the Vanquish's doors off and spit them out without raising a sweat

I chose the SL over the Ferrari, Porsche, et. al. because (a) it's a wonderful car to drive day-in, day-out and (b) it's blisteringly fast. Having had mine for 6 months I do not regret the choice one iota.
:agree:
Old 05-08-2005, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by Lexani
Some people have more connections than others.
The coupes are in the US now... late this year spiders will be coming.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
how much are you paying for the F430? Is it sticker? Im near Naples and maybe i want to start a relationship with a sales guy over there. The Miami guys are stealers.

T
Old 05-08-2005, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
how much are you paying for the F430? Is it sticker? Im near Naples and maybe i want to start a relationship with a sales guy over there. The Miami guys are stealers.
T
Sticker, no dealer mark-up. They did it as a favor for me, because the other guy backed out and they offered it to me. But I'm sure they expect me to buy the rest of my exoctics from them, which I will. Have you tried people in West Palm? There are some great guys over there.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:37 PM

something fast
Who told you that? There are spiders that are on the water, should be here in a few weeks. they will trickle in over the summer and fall. But they will definitely be car here by this year not next. What dealership are you dealing with in naples? There is not an authorized ferrari dealership in naples(I couldb be wrong the ones im aware of are shelton in ft lauderdale, the collection in coral cables, and ferrari of central florida in orlando), who ever it is gave you the deal of the century! Even the large highline dealerships have to pay oversticker for their ferrari (360,430)inventory, much less that you or I would pay but they still have to pay. Ferrari wont allow dealers to buy thier high demand cars @ msrp, so they buy them from customers who want to flip them.

Last edited by ajf1; 05-09-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
People are currently taking early delviry on F430s with huge premiums. A month ago I was told by a Ferrari rep at the Celebration event that all of the F430s coming in 2ed and 3ed quater would be early deliverly cars. Im im not mistaken but didnt they just siez 360 production late last month? I dont believe that all Ferrari dealerships pay above MSRP on their cars. I believe that Ferrari gave production run 1 and 2 away for MSRP. I think that this was done on the 360 about 5 or 6 years ago. Those spots in production run 1 and 2 were gone in the matter of a week.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:39 AM

something fast
People are currently taking early delviry on F430s with huge premiums. A month ago I was told by a Ferrari rep at the Celebration event that all of the F430s coming in 2ed and 3ed quater would be early deliverly cars. Im im not mistaken but didnt they just siez 360 production late last month? I dont believe that all Ferrari dealerships pay above MSRP on their cars. I believe that Ferrari gave production run 1 and 2 away for MSRP. I think that this was done on the 360 about 5 or 6 years ago. Those spots in production run 1 and 2 were gone in the matter of a week.
Dont really understand your statement. I was refering to non-ferrari highline dealerships. You keep refering to a dealership in naples, as far as I know there is no authorized ferrari dealership there. What is the dealer? Of course ferrari dealers get their cars for dealer invoice (less than msrp) they are authorized to sell ferraris, but other dealers ie motorcars intl and the toy store have to pay msrp + premium. The people who are taking delivery of their 430s are not paying a premium they are paying msrp. They are the "friends of ferrari" and frequent customers who always get first crack at all new models for msrp. They intern sell them to others for a premium, by themselves or through the dealership. This way the dealer makes money coming and going, on the new car and the commission for brokering the deal. This insures the friend of the dealership first crack at all new ferraris. All new untitled ferraris are sold for msrp. All the people on the list put their deposits down years ago. Ferrari does not allow new cars to be sold for a premium, the cars that are selling are titled or used cars which have no restrictions. As far as 360 production goes, I think it has seized probably jan -feb as the 430 has been out since jan in europe.