SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL65 out door pics obsidian black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
Ah... I miss Chicago and many friends there. I grew up in Morton Grove, part of the North Suburbs. One of my sisters went to Northwestern for Business/Economics, and I graduated from the top engineering school down at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana. Fond memories and great experiences within the large diversity of people throughout Illinois from the City, to the 'Burbs and of course down into the cornfields.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:10 AM
Almost a Member!

E46 M3
Originally Posted by RRPHANTOMV12
I live in Highland Park.
Sick cars Btw I live in Barrington do you go to any meets?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:51 PM
mashimaro1985

I went to one before to dyno my car, over at huntington beach. the house of power or something like that.

awesome pretty close to me barrington
Old 08-10-2005, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
That's why this forum is the best. This guy most likely in a family stuffed the gills with cash and has his a$$ ki$$ed all the time, but literally is one of the most hated people on this forum. What a trip. The best part is the Mashinator is not the only one with serious cash here.....it seems like the guys with most of the bling...really don't flaunt it.

There is just gotta be a way to prove this one way or another.....this is better than reality TV... Lovin it.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
That's why this forum is the best. This guy most likely in a family stuffed the gills with cash and has his a$$ ki$$ed all the time, but literally is one of the most hated people on this forum. What a trip. The best part is the Mashinator is not the only one with serious cash here.....it seems like the guys with most of the bling...really don't flaunt it.

There is just gotta be a way to prove this one way or another.....this is better than reality TV... Lovin it.
Clearly he's very young, and that kind of behavior erodes with age.. (usually).
Old 08-14-2005, 11:18 PM

Just for the record, I think the Brabus exhaust looks awesome. There are lots of SL's out there and maybe if you are the extroverted type, you need something to stand out as a little more exotic. There is no doubt it will improve performance.

Classy is not always wearing a boring suit with too much starch on it. I'm not saying to rice out the car, but sheesh, give the guy some slack. Individualizing a car is only bad in a world where everyone is trying really hard to be normal, to be exactly like everyone else, to not stand out from the crowd.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Kühlwasser
Just for the record, I think the Brabus exhaust looks awesome. There are lots of SL's out there and maybe if you are the extroverted type, you need something to stand out as a little more exotic. There is no doubt it will improve performance.

Classy is not always wearing a boring suit with too much starch on it. I'm not saying to rice out the car, but sheesh, give the guy some slack. Individualizing a car is only bad in a world where everyone is trying really hard to be normal, to be exactly like everyone else, to not stand out from the crowd.
I just like giving mash a hard time...PLUS he did post the pics to get our opinion on it. There are a lot of rich kids on this board and there is a way to carry yourself that doesn't lend you to biting criticism. Check his posts on his regard for money (or lack of it) and you get a hint to what I'm getting at...

I am not hating on his game, because I was one of those kids privileged to have a nice car at a young age. I was thankful and appreciative of the fact that my parents were willing and able to afford me with such an indulgence. It is just that most folks here have worked hard to get their dream car(s) and having mash flaunting his escapades in trading in cars for a losses and not showing any remorse in such a loss can be grating to some folks...you can be spoiled and not act like you are...nuff said.

If mash doesn't get what I mean...fine. His family's rides are sweet, though.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:11 AM
mashimaro1985

*Bow* much appreciated ^^, I think the brabus muffler makes the SL differ from other SL's.

12.10pm here currently not in states ( I miss the SL ) sigh anyways hope you guys had a fun weekend.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:26 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Kühlwasser
..............so your perspective is no more accurate or valid than anyone else who has taken the time to comment on the 6-pipe Brabus exhaust as an enthusiast. Some could call the Brabus Exhaust ricy while others think it's right or wrong correct? Likewise, "classy" isn't a very good analogy or connotation towards wearing a "boring suit with too much starch on it" and "Individualization," by it's own namesake, is to add a different flavor (perceived good or bad) to the mainstream. Any type of individualization could blatantly standout (again, for good or bad) or just be a subtle discretionary, yet elegant touch. That's really up to the audience. Hence, we come full circle to the all-encompassing statement, "To Each His/Her Own."

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 08-15-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Almost a Member!

'05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I just like giving mash a hard time...PLUS he did post the pics to get our opinion on it. There are a lot of rich kids on this board and there is a way to carry yourself that doesn't lend you to biting criticism. Check his posts on his regard for money (or lack of it) and you get a hint to what I'm getting at...

I am not hating on his game, because I was one of those kids privileged to have a nice car at a young age. I was thankful and appreciative of the fact that my parents were willing and able to afford me with such an indulgence. It is just that most folks here have worked hard to get their dream car(s) and having mash flaunting his escapades in trading in cars for a losses and not showing any remorse in such a loss can be grating to some folks...you can be spoiled and not act like you are...nuff said.

If mash doesn't get what I mean...fine. His family's rides are sweet, though.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm a 21 year old engineering student up here at the University of Texas that was lucky enough to have parents that provided me with a nice car ever since I got my license (not to mention paying for my education). I grew up around so many people back in Houston that came from families that had money but really din't have all that much when compared to the 'true rich'. I know that sounds kinda weird, but I hope you get what I'm saying; it's the type of people that buy a 'nice' house in a manufactered-looking upper crust suburbia neighborhood and each parent drives a luxury brand car yet are spending every single penny to be able to afford it all, if they even can afford it. The problem is that these type of luxury items tend to bring along with them the idea that somehow the family it 'better' than others, necessitating the kids to 'flaunt' what the family has. I don't really blame the kids so much but instead the failure of the parents to bring up their children in the real world instead of in a fog of wealth that instead poisons the children's ability to view what is truely important in life.

I grew up in a family that was very, very well off, yet my family never showed it off or even acted like we were any different than anyone else around us. When other kids around me bragged about their parent's cars or what car they were getting when they turned 16, I'd stay silent. As an early graduation gift from my parents, they bought me a brand new Lexus IS300. I hated having it in the school parking lot simply because I didn't want anyone to associate me with the snobby attitude that others in my position had. I just wanted to be a normal guy that could associate with anyone instead of having to live with this stigma.

The sad part is that unless the people on here are coming from a seriously wealthy family, there is a very good chance they will never be able to attain the wealth their parents have been able to achieve. It's sad to say, but the reality is that if someone has to come onto a message board to falunt vehicles that are their parents and somehow try to justify it with attitude and disrespect, they really are off in a fantasy land and it's only a matter of time before they come crashing back to reality.

Last edited by Dernick; 08-15-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:26 PM
Almost a Member!

E46 M3
Great post Dernick
Old 08-15-2005, 10:31 PM
mashimaro1985

Didn't I already said that, this is a car forum not about a person's life or spending habit? I post pictures for comments not for someone to talk about whether we are spending to much money on cars or all those stuff......

Sigh, I already said you can be 16, 15, 14, or whatever and be driving lambo's and ferrari's I don't care!! its none of my business! If you got it *bow* admire and envy thats all it is to me if you dont then you dont.! sheesh

SIGH dont understand!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 PM

Marimaro1985, is still a liar, he refuses to post pictures of his cars anywhere, but some underground coverd, hidden, and dark garage. There he goes with the Brabus mods again, which IMO are hidious. Watch him return to the forum and tell us he is selling the SL65 to get something else.

Com'on Marshimaro1985, post some pictures of the car some where else, do you seriously expect people to believe you? The way you type and represent your self makes people actually wonder if you are even old enough to drive. All your cars have dealer plates, all of them, and all the pictures are taken in the same place the dark garage or the same street.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Originally Posted by Fr0zen
Marimaro1985, is still a liar, he refuses to post pictures of his cars anywhere, but some underground coverd, hidden, and dark garage. There he goes with the Brabus mods again, which IMO are hidious. Watch him return to the forum and tell us he is selling the SL65 to get something else.

Com'on Marshimaro1985, post some pictures of the car some where else, do you seriously expect people to believe you? The way you type and represent your self makes people actually wonder if you are even old enough to drive. All your cars have dealer plates, all of them, and all the pictures are taken in the same place the dark garage or the same street.
WGAF
Old 08-15-2005, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Frisco
WGAF
The enthusiasts of this forum, and apparently your self because you are replying to this thread. We don't need trolls here, or any forums for that matter. It is sad to see liars, or dreamers come on these high end automotive forums and proclaim they own who knows what, when in reality they really own nothing and are just trying to boost there egos by getting replies from admirers.

I am done commenting on this thread or any other thread Marshi starts as it just a waste of time.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Get over it
Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 PM

2006 VW Passat
Originally Posted by RRPHANTOMV12
Got the Arnage couple days ago. I have that, the SL and CL with me. The Phantom, G-Wagen and the Cayenne are my dads I use when i'm back home. I am just moving into my new place, so here are some pictures of my cars I took with my camera phone. I'll take them with my digital camera and post it tommorow.
What the hell od you do for a living:|
Old 08-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Almost a Member!

'05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by mashimaro1985
Didn't I already said that, this is a car forum not about a person's life or spending habit? I post pictures for comments not for someone to talk about whether we are spending to much money on cars or all those stuff......

Sigh, I already said you can be 16, 15, 14, or whatever and be driving lambo's and ferrari's I don't care!! its none of my business! If you got it *bow* admire and envy thats all it is to me if you dont then you dont.! sheesh

SIGH dont understand!

It's not the fact that you are posting pictures (I did that too on these forums with my parent's cars) but instead the way that you do it.

The part that raises my eyebrow is that you are not involved in the technical background of the car but instead refer to your cars in the same manner that someone would their shoes. It's like you wear them once and then "get tired" of them. No one short of a one-hit-wonder movie star does that. Either you are spoiled completely rotten (and I'd feel very, very sorry for you) or you are instead playing this as a lame joke that you and your friends are laughing about behind your computer screen. Either way, it's still a joke.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Originally Posted by Dernick
It's not the fact that you are posting pictures (I did that too on these forums with my parent's cars) but instead the way that you do it.

The part that raises my eyebrow is that you are not involved in the technical background of the car but instead refer to your cars in the same manner that someone would their shoes. It's like you wear them once and then "get tired" of them. No one short of a one-hit-wonder movie star does that. Either you are spoiled completely rotten (and I'd feel very, very sorry for you) or you are instead playing this as a lame joke that you and your friends are laughing about behind your computer screen. Either way, it's still a joke.
Hey man, what part of Houston did you live?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Almost a Member!

'05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by MJ1133
Hey man, what part of Houston did you live?

I go to school in Austin, but 'true' home is in the northwest part of Houston (Champions area). I went to Cy-Creek high school if that means anything to you.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
I go to school in Austin, but 'true' home is in the northwest part of town (Champions area). I went to Cy-Creek high school if that means anything to you.
I was JW...im still in HS, going to college next yr
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's a North side kid. I used to live in Humble.
South side baby
Almost a Member!

'05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by MJ1133
I was JW...im still in HS, going to college next yr

Where do you go and where are you planning on going to scholl next year?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
Where do you go and where are you planning on going to scholl next year?
I go to Clear Brook. I'm thinking about going to UT or Rice, something along those lines.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:49 AM
mashimaro1985

hmmm ( maybe I might be laughing ) Maybe i might be spoiled to the core?

But anywho! I did post the pictures I appreciate the comments on it.

Thank you very much. will post if I do further mods on the car. I am thinking front spoiler thats it for the SL ^^ I think the front amg spoiler is horrible.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL65 out door pics obsidian black