SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Urgent Help problems with SL55AMg roof/Locking ETC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Urgent Help problems with SL55AMg roof/Locking ETC

Hi,

I just bought my 03 SL55AMG and am having major problems with it the car does not lock and the roof does not go down it keeps saying "close boot separator" but this is allready closed also the air con has stopped working the SRS light is on!!! Thsi has all happened at the same time when I drove it from Gemany to Spain where I live. The car is now with Mercedes but they dont have a solution at the momment anyone had this problem before and know of a solution??

All help appreciated.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black55AMG
Hi,

I just bought my 03 SL55AMG and am having major problems with it the car does not lock and the roof does not go down it keeps saying "close boot separator" but this is allready closed also the air con has stopped working the SRS light is on!!! Thsi has all happened at the same time when I drove it from Gemany to Spain where I live. The car is now with Mercedes but they dont have a solution at the momment anyone had this problem before and know of a solution??

All help appreciated.
In your trunk, there is a 'divider' you pull close in order to allow your baggage and your roof to coexist in this compartment. There is a microswitch (sensor) on the passenger side where the pin rests. This switch might be faulty; have it checked.

As for your SRS and a/c, that's a different story which needs more diagnosis.