SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Though My new Car was a competitor with the SL65(pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
By part time I mean the time I use my Maybach(which is not very often) I use my driver Walter. The maybach is metallic black.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cy0811
A friend of mine's client has a Phantom he drives once or twice a week; so I have spent a lot of time in it. He has no driver and people always seem to think its overkill. I havent spent any time in a Maybach, but have heard its a little nicer from some sources. We shoved 3 guys and 5 girls in the RR once after clubbing though and it was nuts, especially with the middle compartment in the back getting smashed.
Man, just hearing that makes me want to work even harder to finish college so I can focus all my time working and making my millions.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by nmsno27
Man, just hearing that makes me want to work even harder to finish college so I can focus all my time working and making my millions.
One thing to consider is that people who have those toys aren't really as excited as most people would think they should be. The initial reaction dies down and it becomes a way of life, while other's reactions rejuvenate things a little.

Plus, the women they actually attract almost always end up being no good, but the fun factor is apparent especially here in LA. The guy also has a Bent. GT, Murci, Gallardo, Carr. GT (sold) SLR (maybe sold) CL65, Arnage, (all of them are on rims of some kind and some are quite custom) and many more. When I go out with him, its like going to disneyland or something but I always have to go back to my own reality minus the supercars....which isnt too bad at all. Why? Many reasons, but especially beacause I have come close to death twice in the last 3 years: in a home invasion robbery in a nice area within LA where I was followed home and tied up, pistol whipped and almost strangled to death and then went through a horrid car accident that took me a year to recover from (I broke both legs, arm, ribs, internal bleeding, sliced scalp....but somehow look untouched from harm's way).

So anyone reading this who has been blessed not to be inflicted with physical harm, you shouldn't have to go through what happend to me in order to appreciate life. I am 25 now and for the rest of my time here will always wake up each morning with thanks in my heart that I was given another chance to live. I am inspired by life itself and no car, or lack of one therefore, will ever bring me down. However, there's nothing wrong with driving one of the safest convertables in the world so the SL is mine for a while...LOL
Old 02-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Banned

but especially beacause I have come close to death twice in the last 3 years:So anyone reading this who has been blessed not to be inflicted with physical harm, you shouldn't have to go through what happend to me in order to appreciate life. I am 25 now and for the rest of my time here will always wake up each morning with thanks in my heart that I was given another chance to live. I am inspired by life itself and no car, or lack of one therefore, will ever bring me down. However, there's nothing wrong with driving one of the safest convertables in the world so the SL is mine for a while...LOL
Unfortunate to hear about your situations but like they say, you can always find a good from the worst of situations. Glad you're ok and very happy with your life. There is nothing more important.

One thing to consider is that people who have those toys aren't really as excited as most people would think they should be. The initial reaction dies down and it becomes a way of life, while other's reactions rejuvenate things a little.
Trust me, I understand this very well. People are never satified with what they have and always want more, even those who have everything. I'm 20 yrs old and come from an upper middle class family where I used to be very spoiled. Took a lot of things for granted and had everything taken away. Now, I work full time and go to school full and pay for everything besides school which my parents cover as long as I do well. I know what kind of life I want and I'm starting right now on obtaining it.

Plus, the women they actually attract almost always end up being no good, but the fun factor is apparent especially here in LA.
I've had my share of amazing girls who made great arm jewlery. I remember those nights in high school taking out mom's S-class to a really nice restaurant on dad's credit card. I've been there and done it so I know what kind of girls come with money. Money and cars does get you woman but it's always so meaningless. I have come to understand this after loosing a very special girl due to my immaturity and stupidity. The girl I love fell for me while I drove a sentra after my clk was impounded by the police for street racing. Money and cars get u the bottom of the barrel girls who are only looking to dry you out. I know cuz they've tried with me. Too bad for them there was brain on this shoulder

Last edited by nmsno27; 02-13-2006 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:58 PM

yup, "super exotic" cars don't really do anything for me anymore either (like they once did) .. i was at the bentley dealership yesterday looking at the new flying spur.. nice looking car, but did nothing for me.. same with the carerra gt, slr, etc.. sat in them.. blah.. nice, but not needed at this stage in my life right now.. i didn't even want them.. nor do i yearn for a ferarri, lambo or anything else.. if i had a choice between a ferarri 430 and my sl, i'd take the ferarri, sell it and buy an sl and put the other $100k in the bank :>

same with the best of the best clothing, prada, armani, anything material exterior has lost it's luster.. i think it's good to be young and get to that realization that all these super fine things don't really matter.. nice to have, but they really don't mean or change my outlook on life at all..

my outlook, is they are nice to have, but if one has to actually work hard to maintain or obtain them, then it really isn't worth it, as there are so many more important things in life that really can make a person content..

of course one can't understand this until they go through it themselves.. and with age and maturity this all comes along.. so i'm not gonna preach about it..

just glad at my age that i realized what's important in life so i can pursue
other things that money can't buy in order to live my life and find out what makes me happy that isn't related to what can be bought...

not that i can't appreciate the beauty and performance of these vehicles.. i just know that having them won't really change my current life situation.. just cause me to have to work more to maintain them which makes no sense at this current stage in my life..

Plus, the women they actually attract almost always end up being no good, but the fun factor is apparent especially here in LA. The guy also has a Bent. GT, Murci, Gallardo, Carr. GT (sold) SLR (maybe sold) CL65, Arnage, (all of them are on rims of some kind and some are quite custom) and many more. When I go out with him, its like going to disneyland or something but I always have to go back to my own reality minus the supercars....which isnt too bad at all. Why? Many reasons, but especially beacause I have come close to death twice in the last 3 years: in a home invasion robbery in a nice area within LA where I was followed home and tied up, pistol whipped and almost strangled to death and then went through a horrid car accident that took me a year to recover from (I broke both legs, arm, ribs, internal bleeding, sliced scalp....but somehow look untouched from harm's way).

So anyone reading this who has been blessed not to be inflicted with physical harm, you shouldn't have to go through what happend to me in order to appreciate life. I am 25 now and for the rest of my time here will always wake up each morning with thanks in my heart that I was given another chance to live. I am inspired by life itself and no car, or lack of one therefore, will ever bring me down. However, there's nothing wrong with driving one of the safest convertables in the world so the SL is mine for a while...LOL

Last edited by seattlecarfreak; 02-14-2006 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL65, 911
Yep, to most of what was said above. You get to a point fairly quickly where you aren't going to substantially increase your standard of living or enjoyment of life with even large additional spending. It's difficult to realize it at the time, but you figure it out after a couple of abortive attempts (i.e. buy a new $200K car, realize 60 days later that your life is still essentially the same as it was before).

One thing which IS nice, and which has yet to get old: buying cool stuff for family & friends who aren't as fortunate. I've spent more on cars for other people than I care to recollect, and they've all *adored* them because they were luxuries they would otherwise have been unable to afford. It's a really nice feeling and it persists long after the thrill of yet another $150K uber-car would have faded away.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:09 AM

2005 SL65
luxuries, niceties, and necessities...

you guys have said it all.

at age 29 or 30, i had a driver. i was so busy that i could hardly concentrate on the road while driving, so i decided to spare the world my frenetics. i came to know the days not by their names, but by their dates. i'd freak when people wouldn't show for work, only to find it was a sunday or holiday. eventually, i realized i had to change my ways or be consumed by my work. so, i changed my ways. and then i changed my ways again.

my last career took me all over the USA. finally, one trip scheduled for a week stretched into three weeks. ragged upon return home, i opened my mailbox and found airline tickets for two days hence. once again, i decided it was time to change things. so, i decided to take off some time.

it was during my time off that i realized my chasing of goals and nebulous objectives was becoming increasingly less satisfying because i couldn't enjoy the fruits of my labor. it was a shame because i loved my work. nevertheless, i stopped.

and then all good things came to me. for some years, i made far less than i might have. it mattered naught. with personal satisfaction came increasingly more desirable women. i'm not smart enough to know why, but i am smart enough to have noticed the correlation. eventually, i settled on a particular woman with whom i've been a few years now.

we like good and better things, but don't chase them zealously. we have our necessities, plenty of niceties, and enough luxuries to keep us grinning. my biggest problem -- even this very day -- is maintaining my grip on my productive dabblings, which should remain infrequent occurrences, but threaten to become something more.

i think the joy is in "getting there" moreso than in "being there." so, i'm still going.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:06 AM

the time it finally hit me is when i was 19 and had a brand spanking new black s500 delivered to me from the dealership... this was "the car" that everyone in life, worked their *** off, admired and strived to have..

..and i had it at 19.. i thought i was god... for 2 minutes..

..as i drove it around town for 15 minutes more... it hit me.. is this it?

this is the feeling people work their entire lives to have? what a let down...

i think then was the turning point for me... i cut down on working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week after that.. then tried to figure out what else there was out there... which i'm still working on

i think we can all remember a time in our lives when it hit us.. that nothing we ever bought material would change things substationally for the positive..

Originally Posted by treynor
Yep, to most of what was said above. You get to a point fairly quickly where you aren't going to substantially increase your standard of living or enjoyment of life with even large additional spending. It's difficult to realize it at the time, but you figure it out after a couple of abortive attempts (i.e. buy a new $200K car, realize 60 days later that your life is still essentially the same as it was before).

One thing which IS nice, and which has yet to get old: buying cool stuff for family & friends who aren't as fortunate. I've spent more on cars for other people than I care to recollect, and they've all *adored* them because they were luxuries they would otherwise have been unable to afford. It's a really nice feeling and it persists long after the thrill of yet another $150K uber-car would have faded away.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
the time it finally hit me is when i was 19 and had a brand spanking new black s500 delivered to me from the dealership... this was "the car" that everyone in life, worked their *** off, admired and strived to have..

..and i had it at 19.. i thought i was god... for 2 minutes..

..as i drove it around town for 15 minutes more... it hit me.. is this it?

this is the feeling people work their entire lives to have? what a let down...

i think then was the turning point for me... i cut down on working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week after that.. then tried to figure out what else there was out there... which i'm still working on

i think we can all remember a time in our lives when it hit us.. that nothing we ever bought material would change things substationally for the positive..

you bought the car at 19 or are you blessed with a well off family? theres def a difference. if you worked hard and got that new s at 19 then all the power to you but if it was given to you on a silver platter than it might be undertandable that you were let down by it.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:26 PM

Whatever I feel like
Stop the Madness!!

Why do we do this?

Work hard and buy some stuff. Get bored quick. Work harder to buy more stuff. Get bored quicker. Work smarter and harder to buy as much stuff as possible. Complain that we are getting bored with our stuff at lightning speeds. When will the madness end!?!?!

Signed,

Concerned Madman
Old 02-14-2006, 06:50 PM

i bought it myself.. my parents drive beat up old 80s cadillacs.. they cut me off at 14 when i started my first business.. at 19 i was running a dot-com company at the time and it was taking off quite nicely..

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
you bought the car at 19 or are you blessed with a well off family? theres def a difference. if you worked hard and got that new s at 19 then all the power to you but if it was given to you on a silver platter than it might be undertandable that you were let down by it.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by seattlecarfreak
i bought it myself.. my parents drive beat up old 80s cadillacs.. they cut me off at 14 when i started my first business.. at 19 i was running a dot-com company at the time and it was taking off quite nicely..
very nice
Old 02-15-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
AMG1...congrats on the purchase, I can assure you that you will love your CGT! I see that you're in Vegas, we've got a bunch of people coming from there for our event on March 11, you should come out. We've got 3 CGTs coming right now.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by RennTechV12
AMG1...congrats on the purchase, I can assure you that you will love your CGT! I see that you're in Vegas, we've got a bunch of people coming from there for our event on March 11, you should come out. We've got 3 CGTs coming right now.

Make sure to do alot of videoing on that day, i would like to see how it turms out
Old 02-15-2006, 09:25 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
RennTechV12 thanks for the offer, I will look into what I have planned for that time and get back to you on that.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:57 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I am supposed to be out in Vegas the week before, but maybe I can change the dates. I would love to see those beasts
Old 02-16-2006, 01:51 PM
ON PROBATION

AMG1 - we'll have to get together to meet at some point in time -- one of my residences is in your neck of the woods....

I am going to go with the 57S because I still want to be the driver who chauffers someone else in the back seat....
Old 02-16-2006, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by ClayJ
AMG1 - we'll have to get together to meet at some point in time -- one of my residences is in your neck of the woods....

I am going to go with the 57S because I still want to be the driver who chauffers someone else in the back seat....
https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=574
Old 02-16-2006, 02:04 PM
ON PROBATION

Brklynbenz - in following someone around on the forums and posting crap after every one of their posts you're making a huge mistake, and...

Nope, nevermind - you've already made it.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Brklynbenz - in following someone around on the forums and posting crap after every one of their posts you're making a huge mistake, and...

Nope, nevermind - you've already made it.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

clayj: as everyone says; this is the internet. most of everything is tollerated beside people being liars....

put yourself in everyone elses shoes and tell us what you think....

brklyn is calling you out, or just punking you, and you are making underlying threats....
Old 02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by blume

brklyn is calling you out, or just punking you, and you are making underlying threats....

exactly, im calling him out, i hope for his sake he proves me wrong

btw, clayjaiken

LET ME STATE PUBLICALLY - ANY ATTEMPT TO HARM ME OR MY PROPERTY, OR TO THREATEN ME IN ANY MANNER, WILL BE MET WITH PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. PERIOD. YOU MESS WITH THE BULL, YOU GET THE HORNS.

lmao
Old 02-16-2006, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG1, you have some sweet cars man! thanks for coming and sharing what you have acquired and not just making references to them! these have been much appreciated as will any other pics that you wish to share!

about a carrera gt i saw: in the last yr. or yr and a half i was visiting my grandparents in ft. lauderdale when a flat-bed truck came by with the first ever gt i have seen. needless to say me and my bro. followed it to its home and watched the unloading process. this car sounds like an F1 car and looks soo damn sweet in person. anyway, he lowered and tilted the bed and continued to back the car off the truck. he scraped the front bumper as he unloaded the car (even at an angle) and then proceeded to drive the car in to the drive way (at an angle) and ran over one of those concrete cones that line a yard and scratched the hell out of the front left bumper. (underneath) there were about 4 of us young adults watching and not laughing as this was serious! (the truck driver was about 5ft. tall and 4 ft. wide and would fall into the car and leave the door open to drive it) it is definately a super-car!

Last edited by blume; 02-16-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by blume
AMG1, you have some sweet cars man! thanks for coming and sharing what you have acquired and not just making references to them! these have been much appreciated as will any other pics that you wish to share!
ditto man, sorry to hijack your thread
Old 02-16-2006, 03:30 PM
ON PROBATION

In reply BrklynBenz-

I am sure that it is a violation of the membership agreement on this site to harass any other member in a repeated pattern - especially if that behavior includes following that other member and going from thread to thread and repeatedly posting out of context and off-topic purely for the purpose of harassing that other member....

If it is not, it should be. No community can long endure bullies, or punks, or vandals.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Though My new Car was a competitor with the SL65(pics)