SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: V60 Bluetooth Adapter Works!

Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I just got the puck from a benz dealer 350+tax Just like the guy from seattle claimed. I can do voice dialing but can't download phonebook nor access it.. two problems,

1. the volume of the speakerphone in the car seemed low and I can't turn it up.

2. When I use the steering wheel (dial/hangup) button it says function not availble. My instrument cluster was swapped by my dealer due to a warranty job and I have lost that function ever since. Before the swap I have a extra menu just for the telephone. Anyone have experience with the new instrument cluster and their telephone menu went awawy?

Andy
Old 06-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by andytsai996
Ok, I just got the puck from a benz dealer 350+tax Just like the guy from seattle claimed. I can do voice dialing but can't download phonebook nor access it.. two problems,

1. the volume of the speakerphone in the car seemed low and I can't turn it up.

2. When I use the steering wheel (dial/hangup) button it says function not availble. My instrument cluster was swapped by my dealer due to a warranty job and I have lost that function ever since. Before the swap I have a extra menu just for the telephone. Anyone have experience with the new instrument cluster and their telephone menu went awawy?

Andy
$350 is a rip-off! This is over MSRP of $325 and the dealer cost is $258.

The phonebook capabilities are clearly based on the type of phone you use. I suggest reading the posts in the audio forum here. Lots of compatibility info there.

The default volume is a bit low but can quickly be adjusted via steering wheel controls and the dial/hangup button work as advertised.
It sounds like your cluster replacement was done poorly, especially if it impacts the steering wheel functions. I am unclear if this is a configuration issue or wiring.
Either way, get that fixed and perhaps you might try to find a better dealership.

Good luck,

Wolfman
Old 06-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rajah996
Oh boy! I read somewhere that some of the guys with
the S500's were using this bluetooth puck from BMW.
Supposedly all it does is takes bluetooth information,
and converts it into a format that can be read by the
V60 cradle. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it
works, or I will be out $300, lol.
Might want to think twice before trying it. MB pucks are readily available and BMW will not take the puck back once you picked it up. No returns on electronics.

Why take the risk?

Wolfman
Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM

996 supercharged C4cab widebody, x-5 (4.4), sl-55 kleeman, RR
i have the puck and use it with my verizon razr and updated software gatw-01.15.04, this is the most update software number. works great, all functions on the steering wheel works. the only flaw i see is that the cars microphone is not well exposed. works good enough but no where near as good as the Parot aftermarket kit i had in it. i removed the parot kit because of it's annoying aftermarket monitor. if any of you have verizon and don't have the new software you can always go to verizon and exchange it for a new one.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
CLK55, CL500, Q45
Hmmm...

I bought the bluetooth puck from BMW, and it should be
coming into my office via ups today. I might just send it
back now. I didnt realize MB actually had this thing figured
out, as my local dealers said nothing was available, and
they wanted me to buy a new MB phone.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:39 PM

-
Does the puck require having the original phone? I have the cradle, etc, but lack the original phone that came with the car. No issues with cingular RAZRs to report? (seems everyone has Verizon)
Old 06-04-2006, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55, CL500, Q45
Ok guys, I picked up the MB Puck yesterday from
my dealer. (First and only one they had in stock)
Took literally 22 seconds to get it all set up. Pairs
perfectly with my Cingular RAZR (fyi Auraraptor) &
my unlocked/unbranded Moto SLVR L7. Not sure on
the phonebook download, as I only played with it
for a min. Does it automatically download the phone
book into the car? I now need to figure out something
for the bmw puck, anyone know somebody with a
7-series that needs one?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Auraraptor
Does the puck require having the original phone? I have the cradle, etc, but lack the original phone that came with the car. No issues with cingular RAZRs to report? (seems everyone has Verizon)
Aura,

you don't need the original phone, the puck is installed in the cradle where the phone used to be. I would suggest go to a dealer (ask for their return policy) and play around with it a bit to see if it has all the functino you want. I have a SonyEricsson Z800, the only thing I could do it make calls and no access/download phonebook so i returned mine. AWS doesn't offer return. So check with a dealer first.

Andy
Old 06-04-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
ok so on my W211, if I get the V60 cradle ( I have a Siemens S66 cradle now) then I can get that bluetooth thing and adapt on there and use BT w/ any phones?

How do you set it up? Does the setup get done on the BT unit only or do you have to go in comand and set it up from there?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55, CL500, Q45
Mike,

Basically what you do is get the V60 cradle for the W211.
Then you buy the bluetooth "puck" which is a little black
plastic box, which has the shape of a V60, and plug it into
the cradle, like how you would the phone. This puck, or
device, now transmits bluetooth signals, so it can pair with
your phone, transfer the data into a format that the Command
unit can interpret and function with the car stereo. The
set up to pair a phone with the car literally takes less than 1
min. Very easy, and very clean process. I am using it in my SL,
and absolutly love it! FYI, the bluetooth thing is limited on certain
phones though. The new motorola's seem to have full compatiblity
but the others you can just make/recieve phone calls. Depending
on what phone you have, will depend on what features work. I
use a Moto RAZR and a Moto SLVR L7, and both of them download
their phonebooks automatically which is easy.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:03 PM

2010 E63
I also have the Puck, but I am having a problem when I shut the car off. The Puck stays on forever. I have to manually disconnect the bluetooth connection from the phone. Only when I am close to the car. If I go over 30 feet away it loses connection then shuts off. But if I was to turn the car off, and leave the phone in the car, it will stay connected forever. Can someone please help with this?????
Old 06-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dimit
I also have the Puck, but I am having a problem when I shut the car off. The Puck stays on forever. I have to manually disconnect the bluetooth connection from the phone. Only when I am close to the car. If I go over 30 feet away it loses connection then shuts off. But if I was to turn the car off, and leave the phone in the car, it will stay connected forever. Can someone please help with this?????
This is normal behavior. Most people don't actually notice of how long the phone stays active if they leave the phone in the car because it doesn't matter.
If you remove the phone/puck, power to the phone system is cut. If I recall correctly, this function was designed to allow people to maintain a conversation while the car is turned off (remember the days where they suggested to pull over to make a call). It also makes sense for multi-handset systems available in Europe.

While this is useful, for Bluetooth it is more cumbersome because if you stay around the vicinity (which I found to be much greater than the mentioned 30 ft.) the connection stays live and all voice traffic is directed to the car.
If that happens (like washing the car or shopping nearby) there are three options:
1. Remove the puck (not a good one)
2. Power off Bluetooth on the phone. On my RAZR, I have setup a shortcut for the Bluetooth connection. Takes two clicks to turn it on/off. Not perfect, but very useful for that situation.
3. Re-wire the phone system. Sounds harsh, but if memory serves me well, there is only one wire responsible for sensing that a phone is in the cradle.

Hope this helps,

Wolfman
Old 06-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by The Godfather
ok so on my W211, if I get the V60 cradle ( I have a Siemens S66 cradle now) then I can get that bluetooth thing and adapt on there and use BT w/ any phones?

How do you set it up? Does the setup get done on the BT unit only or do you have to go in comand and set it up from there?
A Siemens? Do you have the European UHI setup? If so, you need to get the V60 UHI cradle and the puck. I have not heard that the MHI bluetooth cradle works for UHI. Does anybody else know? May want to post the question in the Audio section...

Wolfman
Old 06-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by The Godfather

A Siemens? Do you have the European UHI setup? If so, you need to get the V60 UHI cradle and the puck. I have not heard that the MHI bluetooth cradle works for UHI. Does anybody else know? May want to post the question in the Audio section...

Btw. no command setup needed.

Wolfman
Old 06-11-2006, 05:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
The siemens cradle I have it believed to be a homemade concoction from MbenzNL aka Steve. Regardless, I have 3 phones that I'm looking to work w/ the BT puck: Cingular 8125 aka HTC 8125 (Smartphone/PDA), Nokia 6230, and RAZR...of and of course the Siemens S66. can anyone confirmt that any of those work?
Old 06-11-2006, 09:39 AM

Great information

I appreciate all of the information below. I just bought a 2004 CLK55 AMG with the MHI handset in it. It appears that the V60 puck is the way to go. I would appreciate help on the following, if anyone know:
1. Any word on compatibility (specifically address book download) with a BlackBerry 7290?
2. Any word on updates to the puck for future phones and how that would work?

Thanks much!
B Young.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55, CL500, Q45
Mike,

The Razr will definatly work. Not sure about the others, If
I find a friend with those phones, I will try to pair them with
my SL and let you know.

-Rajah.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
If anyone needs I can get you one for $310 pm me.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Almost a Member!

The only complaint from the other end is that I sound far away.

Someone wrote: "The only complaint from the other end is that I sound far away".

Seems to me that the whole point of a phone conversation is for two people to talk to one another. To say "only complaint" suggests its not that big a deal.

Eveyone on this thread and related threads seems to focus on how great the phones work on the receiving end and the controls but you don't read or hear much about what the party on the other end is hearing.

I just installed all this fun gear and have heard nothing but complaints from the people I am talking to that they can hardy hear me.

Has anyone else asked callers how they sound? Assuming the microphone is of a poor quality, has anyone found an upgrade solution?

I think many of you assume that because the caller understands what you are saying the quality of your outgoing voice must be good. I would suggest you should not jump to that conclusion.

You might try leaving yourself a voice mail message from the car and see how it sounds. I did this and it was awful.

Hope someone has a solution to this. I just spent $2k on getting the phone wired for use with my blackberry and with the quality of my outgoing voice so poor, I am uncomfortable using it for important business calls...reminds me of those commercials "can you hear me now"
Old 06-15-2006, 10:36 AM

06 Infiniti FX35, 07 SL55
Originally Posted by carlsbad
Someone wrote: "The only complaint from the other end is that I sound far away".

Seems to me that the whole point of a phone conversation is for two people to talk to one another. To say "only complaint" suggests its not that big a deal.

Eveyone on this thread and related threads seems to focus on how great the phones work on the receiving end and the controls but you don't read or hear much about what the party on the other end is hearing.

I just installed all this fun gear and have heard nothing but complaints from the people I am talking to that they can hardy hear me.

Has anyone else asked callers how they sound? Assuming the microphone is of a poor quality, has anyone found an upgrade solution?

I think many of you assume that because the caller understands what you are saying the quality of your outgoing voice must be good. I would suggest you should not jump to that conclusion.

You might try leaving yourself a voice mail message from the car and see how it sounds. I did this and it was awful.

Hope someone has a solution to this. I just spent $2k on getting the phone wired for use with my blackberry and with the quality of my outgoing voice so poor, I am uncomfortable using it for important business calls...reminds me of those commercials "can you hear me now"
I have an Infiniti FX35 along with SL500. There are similar issues with Infiniti with diminished volume on the receiver end. On the Inifniti forums, people have been able to solve this issue by getting into the System Settings on the vehicle and turn up the BlueTooth Gain. This is only on some models and not on others. Unfortunately for my 2006 model, no one has figured it out. I dont have the Bluetooth module yet because I am upgrading to 2007 SL55 in a few months. When i get the 55 I will be getting the module and so this discussion is important to me.

What i think needs to be done is somehow get into the NAV system settings and hope there is a way to increase the bluetooth gain. If that isnt there, then maybe just a setting to increase the microphone gain. This would probably be a complicated fix that would require intimate knowledge of the NAV...Steve are you there?

Paul
Old 06-15-2006, 01:01 PM

996 supercharged C4cab widebody, x-5 (4.4), sl-55 kleeman, RR
i have a brand new v-60 puck if anyone wants it for $300 shipped. i am just going to use my Parot system.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:27 AM
cue

04 SL55
Treo 650 and puck

I have paired the Treo 650 and the V60 puck successfully. I am able to dial and they can hear me, but I hear nothing from the speaker. It does not upload the address book but I wasn't expecting that to work. Anyone had any troubles hearing the phone over the speakers?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:29 AM

2003 S500 V60 adapter

I bought my V60 adapter 3 weeks ago. These are my experience so far. I have a Ipaq HP6515 with Cingular. It was took me about few minutes to connect to the adapter. However, the signal does not really good. Most of time the people who has talked to me could not hear me clear. Besides my phone can connect to the adapter and the car's stereo, all other options of the telephone do not work. I could not download the phone book from my phone. I could not add an entry to the phone book of the car, it showed me the message "memory not accessible" (or something like that).
Does any one have the same problem as me?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:19 PM

sl 65
No mic for phone

does anyone know how & where the mice wires are for a sl65. I can recieve and send calls but they cant hear me. There are some wires that have to be switched. If you did not order the phone they did not plug in the mic

Thanks