SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Air Conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Air Conditioner

Today at noon I stopped into a store to pick up a few items. On the way there the air conditioning in the SL55 was working fine. When I got into the car and started it the air was on and the fan was blowing at full speed and then died. In about 2 minutes it came back on at full speed ran for about 30 seconds and again died. Has anyone else experienced this and what could be the cause? I would prefer to not take it back to the dealer and have them nick or scratch something again.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:09 AM

2005 SL65
in my CLK, i once had a problem with a part the techs called the "porcupine."
the a/c had a mind of its own, and even would run with the car off until the battery was disconnected.
roadside came out and somehow disconnected it i think through an electrical junction, so i could eventually get it to the dealer, who did fix it properly.
i hope that helps.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by david_101
in my CLK, i once had a problem with a part the techs called the "porcupine."
the a/c had a mind of its own, and even would run with the car off until the battery was disconnected.
roadside came out and somehow disconnected it i think through an electrical junction, so i could eventually get it to the dealer, who did fix it properly.
i hope that helps.
It happened again over the week end. The car was sitting outside in the sun, temperature about 82 degrees. When I started it the wipers made a sinle pass, the air came on at full blast and then it shut down. That is the same sequence that happened the last time. I let the car sit in the garage for about 15 minutes out of the sun, started it and the air ran as normal. Electrical Gremlins.

The wipers on my wife's E55 will come on sporadically with the sun shining, sweep one time and then shut off. You should have heard the service advisors explanation. It was so rediculous that I won't even repaet it.