SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My SL55 for sale.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 SL55,'07 S550,'06 E55

well of course the 500 is a much simpler engine to work on. Look at 129's I had 1997 SL600 I bought last year for $11,000 w/ 82K miles...yes $11,000 its been dead my backyard for the past 6 months, the cylinders are misfiring along with it dripping oil, looking at a $6,000 tab, im not paying that. Its jsut sitting in my garage with all the other cars, its like an $11,000 paper weight, just beautiful to look at. Hey better than an $11,000 statue or something right? On the otherhand my R230 and R129 SL500 work like charms. My 2000 SL500 has 142K miles right now, never been to the dealer once i drive it to and from dallas constantly. I had 2 CL600's that both had engine failures well under 40K miles
Old 09-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
Originally Posted by DannyM383
I had 2 CL600's that both had engine failures well under 40K miles
I don't know how you can live with yourself, selling, re-selling and servicing such unreliable crap.

Last edited by JackStraw; 09-04-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:39 PM

hey buddy its the nature of the car business, cars fail its just a machine its the buyers responsibility to get a ppi done, all cars are repairable. The condition of the car it just raises or lowers the value of the car...the '02 CL600 with the engine that was failing I paid 26.5K w/ 31K miles in march, a good one would retail for 36-39K at that time. I sold it as is for 29.5K the new owner paid 4K to get it set right, thats 33K for a good '02 CL600....so I live with myself because im not cheating people, read my posts buddy I own many of these machines, but if you dont take care of them they will fail. I have an SL55,SL500 both R230, 2 129 SL's 500 and 600, S550, and a 355 look at the pics ive posted before. You need to know your facts before you post. Ive also had a murcielago for sale with 3K miles with a leaking shock....is that my fault....i bought it sight unseen, 3K miles is nothing but again cars do fail its just a machine pal calm down, if you dont want a car to fail then go pay full retail at a flagship dealer. Dont save 20K off a highline for the same model year, that is the only way to guarantee your purchase.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:25 AM

2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I was just trying to get a rise out of you, buddy.

I bought my SL600, brand new, full price and opted for the extended warranty. I have taken excellent care of it and plan to continue to do so. If it breaks after the warranty period is up, I will pay to fix it.

I will never buy a used car, unless I get the bug to buy a classic. I don't need someone else's headaches nor do I need to worry about the depreciation hit.

And I am well aware of the facts.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
hey buddy its the nature of the car business, cars fail its just a machine its the buyers responsibility to get a ppi done, all cars are repairable. The condition of the car it just raises or lowers the value of the car...the '02 CL600 with the engine that was failing I paid 26.5K w/ 31K miles in march, a good one would retail for 36-39K at that time. I sold it as is for 29.5K the new owner paid 4K to get it set right, thats 33K for a good '02 CL600....so I live with myself because im not cheating people, read my posts buddy I own many of these machines, but if you dont take care of them they will fail. I have an SL55,SL500 both R230, 2 129 SL's 500 and 600, S550, and a 355 look at the pics ive posted before. You need to know your facts before you post. Ive also had a murcielago for sale with 3K miles with a leaking shock....is that my fault....i bought it sight unseen, 3K miles is nothing but again cars do fail its just a machine pal calm down, if you dont want a car to fail then go pay full retail at a flagship dealer. Dont save 20K off a highline for the same model year, that is the only way to guarantee your purchase.

Danny

Your 24. Slow down. You have not had enough time on the planet to draw
all of your conclusions. Lets say you started driving at 16. You got 8 years of seat time. Most of us older guys have 4 or 5 times as many years driving
and dealing with our automobiles.

Mellow out a little.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:49 PM

I've been selling cars since I was 17, I know the car industry inside out. Ask Not4RE I spent an hour on the phone with him today detailing which car he should purchase and why the in's and outs of maintenace on many different high end cars. Just because Im 24 means nothing I have an undergrad degree in economics from Rice(harvard of the south) and an MBA from SMU, thats more than most people on here have, so don't try to talk to me like I'm some moron 24 year old working as an intern at the local Used Car Lot. My father has left this business to me as it is my passion to focus more on other business interests he has. I am very fortunate to have this opportunity to be in charge of a huge inventory of cars that I sell to dealers everyday, yes even at 24. I'm a well educated guy and I've been around cars my whole life and every single post I've made reflects my knowledge of the industry. Just because you may be 40,50, even 60 that does not mean you know more about cars, this is my occupation, is it yours? Age is but a number my friend

Last edited by DannyM383; 09-05-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
I've been selling cars since I was 17, I know the car industry inside out. Ask Not4RE I spent an hour on the phone with him today detailing which car he should purchase and why the in's and outs of maintenace on many different high end cars. Just because Im 24 means nothing I have an undergrad degree in economics from Rice(harvard of the south) and an MBA from SMU, thats more than most people on here have, so don't try to talk to me like I'm some moron 24 year old working as an intern at the local Used Car Lot. My father has left this business to me as it is my passion to focus more on other business interests he has. I am very fortunate to have this opportunity to be in charge of a huge inventory of cars that I sell to dealers everyday, yes even at 24. I'm a well educated guy and I've been around cars my whole life and every single post I've made reflects my knowledge of the industry. Just because you may be 40,50, even 60 that does not mean you know more about cars, this is my occupation, is it yours? Age is but a number my friend
Just a bit defensive here are you ?
Wow. 7 Years of experience. You are the expert.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM

SL55, Cayenne S, Tundra, 360 spider
I did talk with Danny this morning and he is very knowledgable about cars. He in fact pointed me to a dealership that has a Ferrari which is very close to what I was looking for, should be getting the car sometime next week. Danny also has a broad knowledge about the working of business in particular, gas stations. I have a plot of land off a major highway that, after talking to Danny, looks like we will be installing a gas station there.
Thanks again Danny and call again sometime if you want to chat.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:50 PM

Steve I appreciate your kind words, I'm glad you got something worked out so quickly. I guess you decided to pass on the 6.0 all together eh? Is it the navy blue spider? Congrats if it is the tour de france is really great looking up close. I told you that dealer had the best prices anywhere and they backup all their sales with great service. Good luck and if you have any questions about the gas station venture you can always pm me. Some guys on this forum just assume because your 24 you should be an underling, and you know by the time you were my age you were already starting up big in real estate. Some of these old fashioned guys need to get over themselves and realize there's young people these days who are in pretty high positions in this world

ps. That Murcielago roadster they have is an absolutely unbeatable deal, look all over EBAY or wherever no other one will touch that price especially with a brand new clutch thats around $14K alone at an authorized dealer

Last edited by DannyM383; 09-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Hey Danny.

Looked at your early posts. Was curious what car dealer you are in Houston.
Came accross your stellar E-bay Account you mentioned.
"dannym383" sure paints a different picture about you and your high
position.

To the OP. Hope you sell your car.
I think I saw you car for sale in the AMG lounge as well. Good place to advertise. Keep trying.

Sorry for the off topic rant.

Last edited by bltserv; 09-05-2007 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 PM

I dont sell on cars on EBAY, my ebay account was hacked into months ago if you see the 30 negatives in a row, read my reviews from 2-3 years ago about 200 positives in a row......so yea thats what thats about. EBAY accounts get hacked into all the time, see the ferraris on EBAY for 50K up front. Some guy hacked into mine and started selling DVDs and people were paying and not receiving DVDS. Thanks again, but my SL55 is not for sale its mine.

Stop hating on me because when you were 24 you were not me, your a bigshot ceo im just a dumb 24 year old lets leave it at that. I do not run a dealership I run a warehouse that wholesales cars to the dealers. You know this is my last post on this forum, this is ridiculous, this forum is full of non sense thats why I left 2 months ago in the first place. All you guys keep gaining valuable persepective from guys with SL55's who take picture sof their car " at the dealer", cool. I've sold cars to 4 members on this forum, those guys know who they are and they know when it comes time to actually buy a car and not talk about that Im the guy wholl give them the lowest price. Nota4re bought in a ferrari in one day with my guidance, I have nothing left to prove to you on this forum, good luck with your life as a CEO I hope to one day be as succesful as you BLTSERV.

The only reason I posted on this forum in the first place was because I figured that if i proved my knowledge on this forum I could make a few sales on the side to individuals and for that Im thankful. My time on mbworld equated 4 sales and about $12,000 on the side, not bad for an idiot 24 year old for just telling what he knows on the internet.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Danny, stop being so defensive. It's the internet, with your educational pedigree you should understand the baggage that comes with message boards.

If you've got a problem with one or two posters, put them on ignore.

Keep posting, in addition to making some money and helping people find cars they want, you might even learn something.

Every fool has a story to tell ... I try to remember that when I'm feeling particularly smart.

I dont sell on cars on EBAY, my ebay account was hacked into months ago if you see the 30 negatives in a row, read my reviews from 2-3 years ago about 200 positives in a row......so yea thats what thats about. EBAY accounts get hacked into all the time, see the ferraris on EBAY for 50K up front. Some guy hacked into mine and started selling DVDs and people were paying and not receiving DVDS. Thanks again, but my SL55 is not for sale its mine.

Stop hating on me because when you were 24 you were not me, your a bigshot ceo im just a dumb 24 year old lets leave it at that. I do not run a dealership I run a warehouse that wholesales cars to the dealers. You know this is my last post on this forum, this is ridiculous, this forum is full of non sense thats why I left 2 months ago in the first place. All you guys keep gaining valuable persepective from guys with SL55's who take picture sof their car " at the dealer", cool. I've sold cars to 4 members on this forum, those guys know who they are and they know when it comes time to actually buy a car and not talk about that Im the guy wholl give them the lowest price. Nota4re bought in a ferrari in one day with my guidance, I have nothing left to prove to you on this forum, good luck with your life as a CEO I hope to one day be as succesful as you BLTSERV.

The only reason I posted on this forum in the first place was because I figured that if i proved my knowledge on this forum I could make a few sales on the side to individuals and for that Im thankful. My time on mbworld equated 4 sales and about $12,000 on the side, not bad for an idiot 24 year old for just telling what he knows on the internet.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Danny

You are very welcome here. Just tone it down a notch.
Being a "know it all" just invites old guys like me to get you in a
tizzy. Yes you have been baited. Sorry.

I think your postings have a positive note and the auction prices
are very cool. You are contributing and we all appreciate that.
Dont take offense and yes. Its just the internet.
Dont take your marbles and go home just yet.

Now back to the OP.
We got to help this guy get his car sold.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Though most of the information in this thread is...

pretty accurate, I will say one thing. I've been in the industry for 35 years or so, from washing cars as a kid, to selling hi buck accessoires, to owning my own store (a few), to defending and prosecuting deadbeats (dealers and customers) who won't do the right thing. And it's this:

When you find somebody in the car biz that knows it all, run.

It's scary, treacherous, cutthroat, and not for the faint of heart. Find a seller that you can count on, check him and the car out. Nice cars will always bring more money (maybe not 10-12k more here). And treat people like you want to be treated.

I remember my twenties fondly. I'm sure I was smarter then than now. Sure I was.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Interesting. I didn't know that the SL55 market had gotten so soft. I am shocked at the prices you guys are seeing for used ones. Can I ask where you are seeing such examples?