SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Maintenance archive...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55
Maintenance archive...

Some of our brethren may be beyond their warranties (I have about 2 years to go). Not sure if we have any truly "high mileage" cars, but I am curious about the cost to maintain our toys on the road in the long(er) term. For me, the fundamental issue is if the cost of a new car compares favorably to the cost of operating a used one, there might not be a lot of reason to hold back from going shopping...

Ideally, if the forum has a way to establish a repository of repair/maintenance events, that might provide a good place to start this or other analysis. If not, maybe some threads dedicated to maintaining this kind of list. What I would encourage is a consistent format, and little or no editorializing or commiserating. just the data (what, where, when, cost). Has anybody seen good examples that we might adopt for this purpose?

Regards,
cb
Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 500
http://www.truedelta.com/

This is an very comprehensive gathering of information related to reliability, repair history of many cars. When I had my Infiniti G35, I subscribed (free), and got reminders to add my scheduled visits to the mechanic, details the repairs, costs.. This, in turn was complied w/ other G35 owner infomation and presented in a very useful format to gather an overall view of G35 ownership experiences. I am sure they have information for Mercedes Benz as well.

Hope that helps.
Amer