SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Some Saturday Night A-- Kickin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
Some Saturday Night A-- Kickin

We were going out last night to listen to some live music. The drive is about 1 1/2 hrs. Yesterday morning, I swapped my wheels over the the HRE's I had gotten. Around here, because there is not much to do, there are teenagers with all what they think is a fast car all over on weekend nights. So let me just teel u the whole drive kill by kill.

Cruising down main street notive some blue xenon's in my rear mirror a bit back, but seemed to be closing fast (i was doing about 45mph). Make a right and see a mustang turn behind me about a couple hundred yards back and knew he was after me lol. as he got close I notice the cobra hood. So he pulls up and the kid in the passenger seat roll down his window and starts laughing. I had a car in my lane about 200 yds ahead of me. So he gets on it and as he did i noticed the car in my lane turn off so I punch it. I had not really opened it up since the final few changes I made yesterday. When i open her up he had a 3 car length gap on me. I literally closed the lead and overtook him in a matter of secs. we immediately caught the next light. As we pull the the light I notice his custom plate read PINKS. I giggled. Side by side he says "wanna run for some pinks? I laugh and tell him he wishes, and say but 2k would do it. he rolls up his window (I had the top down). My new HRE's are 11" rears with 12.6 " of rubber on the road on each side. Light turns green and I literally had 3 lengths on him before 2nd gear and just steadily pulled away. I pull into the gas station to get a water for my wife and he pulls in and smiles and says he had never lost a race and that I had a kick *** car.

So it was time to hit the highway (hr on the highway to where we were going). This is where the fun began. Cruisin at 80 notice 4 vehicles weaving in and out in the rear view mirror. They pass me slowly and here is what they were. Newer camaro SS, Lowered Ford Lightning truck, A Supra that looked like it was tha Fast and the Furious, and a M3. They had slowwed down to 70and lined up in the outer lane b/c we just passed a trooper so i slowly catch up and pass the head of their draft and it was the camaro. He punched it, caught me and pulled ahead before i hit the throttle and as any sl55 owner knows i kicked his *** with little effort. i slowed back down and he tries again and then again and on the 4th futile attempt my wife said "don't even waste the gas he can't believe he is going to beat you can he(wife drives a Black un modded S55)?" We both laugh. The traffic cleared ahead and after I move to the center lane the lightning and the m3 split and pull side by side on my right and left. One of the things I love about my SL is running from a 80mph start. So as we are cruisin side by side it seems none of us want to go first. I get tired of hit and drop the hammer going down to 3rd gear. so as I hit 100 i have 3 lengths on the m3 and 2 on the lightning and steadily pulling away. They never got any closer. i decided to push it and show them what the BENZ has. I did not shut her down until 190mph and that was because I crested a hill and saw a bunch of brake lights ahead about a mile. I quickly get her back to about 90mph. Needless to say it took them a while to catch up. Traffic was at a standstill ahead so I take the exit and decided to go backroads after a pitstop. We put the top up and go into the truckstop.

We get our refreshments and come back out to see the 4 cars parked around me and a little crowd of people around my vehicle. They were all very cordial and after receiveing some complements I open the hood and give them a peek. We talk about cars for about 15 minutes. I thank them for a great time and we head off the Birmingham.

I made a couple intuitive mods yesterday and I hope to dyno it again this week. I think they made a large difference. If you have not went away from the stock intercooler pump, word of advice, it is probably the cheapest HP I have ever had on my SL55. Have a good Sunday. "Are You Ready For Some Football?" have to get ready for the people coming over to watch the Broncos Colts game. GO BRONCOS!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Sounds like a great time..........AND the wife tollerated the speed! When my gf is in the car I call her my CBBSCD (Carbon Based Biological Speed Control Device).

Did you hand out any of our biz cards to the kids?

Well done! Thanks for holding up the MB/AMG VP Banner, and doing us proud!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
Matter of fact I did!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by erdocslx2
Matter of fact I did!
Thanks!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Whore
you better watch out! I've been walked by some modded Camaro's before
Old 10-04-2007, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So Doc.........What's in the plan for this weekend? Who's next on the kill list?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
I think the Broncos are about dead.