SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Another one bites the dust! Veloce tune is for real!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
Another one bites the dust! Veloce tune is for real!!!!

I was leaving Wal Mart (local cruising hang out on fri/Sat night) when some silver spooned kids started heckling as i drove by. I have seen these guys before at the local drag strip. So I stop roll down the window. They had the car out that I had heard was supposedly unbeatable. An EVO with modded turbos, and don't forget the NOS sticket on the side window. He asks my hop and tell me the Evo is 700+hp. I said no worries. I park and one of the guys is a friend of mine's son. He parked next to me and said he wanted to race for pinks. I giggled and said why would i rosk my car for you riceburner. After a bunch of smack talking by them we decided to go for a littl run. The driver was dead set on a rolling start. I made him smile when I said lets get on the freeway and start from 50mph.

As we were cruising to get on the highway he kept pulling up next to me and trying to entice me before we got to the freeway. So I get on the freeway and it is empty. i get up to 50mph and keep it steady in 2nd. He pulls up with the passenger holding a video camera. "Are you ready?" he said. I told him whenever he hits the throttle.

I hear him downshift, he steps on it and gets about a 1/2 carlength lead before I open her up. I got 5 car lengths ahead and slowed back down wanting to make sure he did not mis-shift. We start again at a rolling 50 and this time by the time I hit 100mph I was ahead and moved into his lane. He never gained as I steadily pulled him by 15 car lengths. I get off the throttle and return to wal- mart. He tries to tell me he did not even give it it's all. I laughed and said lets go again. He declined. However, his buddy wanted me to race him in his viper. We go towards the freeway and we catch a stop light. We hit it and I come off the line easy on the throttle so I don't spin the tires. Needless to say I easily pulled him.

I had raced him in his viper in my sl600 with renntech and it was much closer.

My car is veloce tuned and only other mods are headers/carbon fiber airbox. I have not put a pulley on her. The Veloce Performance tune will get you 50hp. And for those non-believers, give it a try. I am getting ready to add an overdrive pulley so I will see what the veloce tune and pulley will do.

Veloce's tuner is awesome.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 55 AMG
NICE KILL .....
Old 10-21-2007, 02:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Well its good to hear you are doing well and out terrorizing the kids!!

Sounds like my kind of weekend fun!! Its great when they don't even know what hit' em. Keep up the good work.

We did another SL55 here locally and the client called me up, telling me that he couldn't believe how quick the car was......and that his friend with a 997tt was pretty shocked. His buddy just put it an order for our 997tt tune.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Dodge Charger R/T
I love it when those silly kids get what they deserve!
Old 10-21-2007, 10:57 AM

Think he was using NOS during our run too. Could hear the infamous NOS injection sound while we were running
Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
owned
Old 10-21-2007, 05:50 PM

07 Z06, 08 Rover Sport, 03 Dmax, 13 Diavel
its interesting to read of all these cars with Veloce tune... lots of postive commentry... Dino, do you guys do tunes for W210 E55s?

im in the works of selling my E55 to buy an 03 SL55... trying, but not succeeding. i'll have to keep you in the back of my head.

erdocslx2: good job man...i have a ton of those "ricer" types coming up to me and smack talkin to get me to race... my 675hp corvette normally does enough killing, but only at the track. i don't/can't risk street racing. too many tickets and too much on the line. but damn good job sir!
Aj
Old 10-21-2007, 06:34 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I am the tactical Doctor for our SWAT team here so I may tend to get some privelages LOL!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:22 PM

2004 S55 AMG
x2...lot's of good positive comments about the Veloce tunes here lately...
Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by erdocslx2
Thanks for the kind words. I am the tactical Doctor for our SWAT team here so I may tend to get some privelages LOL!
Membership, truly does have it's privilages! I had a little rice action myself...

It's Friday night and my fiancee's daughter, who is getting ready to join the coast guard, was helping me put a thermostat in the Ferrari. After a successful install we took the 348 out for a bit of a 'spirited' road test. All was well...the temp guage held station for the whole trip. Mission accomplished. She said that the drive in the Ferrari was great, and the sound was to die for! As we are backing into the garage next to the SL55, I agreed that the 348 has its plusses, but technology has moved on. So I ask her if she wants to go FAST! I glance over at the 55, and she nods her head like a kid who has just been offered a case of Snickers! She is a bit of a gear head.

We head out in the Merc, and she comments how much different the engine note is, and that it just roars. As we head towards one of my favorite on ramps, I give her a little boost! (SC boost that is!) We have a short straight and a green light heading towards a great off camber left that I can usually take at a rather absurd speed, but what do I have in front of me? You guessed it.......a couple of side by side ricers, with soup cans blaring, going 15mph. As we go under the tunnel and they lift for the now red light, I hear the unmistakable sound of their pop off valves from the turbos. Hmmm....this could be interesting.

As they sit next to each other, I see them pointing back at the SL, and laughing. I asked my passenger if she was up for a little fun, and she said, "Are you kidding? let's go get 'em!" The light turns, and the little Nissan waits for a couple of seconds and winds his turbo up like one of those toy, rubber band airplanes, and lets it rip into the off camber left.........a bit sideways. Meanwhile the SL is all over him. He gets it straightened out up the hill. I catch him looking in his mirror, expecting a gap, but there is none, just alot of MB logo, and he's losing ground. As the road banks right I hear him searching for some power, and I actually expected something to happen. But I just had to tap the brakes to keep from collecting him. As we approach the apex of the right hand sweeper, I can tell from his line that he is just pinching the corner (he probably should have been looking at the road, instead of in the mirror)....I am hard on the gas through the apex and pass him like he was stopped. I have a feeling he wasn't used to this type of abuse (especially from a geezer), and just didn't know what hit him.

I am sure he has had to put up with some abuse from his buddies for getting creamed by an old guy's car. But, if you are out there Mr. Rice....nice effort, but I felt the need to take you to school! I was also doing my part by bringing some joy to one of our military....she is still grinning as I write this!
Old 10-22-2007, 07:10 PM

'05 SL65
Is a kill worth a death?

Street racing is illegal! Take it to the track!
Our cars are fast. Very Fast.
2 tons travelling at 100? 150? more? Suddenly you lose control. Yes it can happen to you.
Don't endanger lives, yours, mine or innocent bystanders for ego or pride. It's not worth it. Hundreds are killed each year. Thousands are injured. Ask a Paraplegic if it was worth it. Ask the families.
A tire can blow out. A thousand things could happen even if your car is in perfect condition and your head is clear.

I know it's fun, excilerating, exciting. I've done it. It's wrong and I was lucky. How long can you be lucky?

There are great racing schools out there. Try one but don't street race.
IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAcEkMAG7u4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaUeqBjCTaw
Old 10-22-2007, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Nice kills
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by rich123
2 tons travelling at 100? 150? more? Suddenly you lose control. Yes it can happen to you.
Don't endanger lives, yours, mine or innocent bystanders for ego or pride. It's not worth it. Hundreds are killed each year. Thousands are injured. Ask a Paraplegic if it was worth it. Ask the families.
A tire can blow out. A thousand things could happen even if your car is in perfect condition and your head is clear.

I know it's fun, excilerating, exciting. I've done it. It's wrong and I was lucky. How long can you be lucky?

IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!

with all due respect you say you own a 65..... hardly a slow car... and you own this only for track use? or for every day?
are you then going to tell me that you only drive it slow?
then what purpose due you have to own such a car?
does it not harm the environment more, does it not kill poor birds and insects?

yes driving fast is dangerous, but so is crossing the road!
point is you can drive fast with out endangering others, i am not trying to start anything, but i do not understand people who own these cars and refuse to drive them the way they are meant to be driven (everyday car/ not track car)
Old 10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rich123

IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!

I guess it's safe to assume that you won't be ordering a power increase or speed limiter removal!

Have fun and be safe.....
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo, 2004 MB SL600, 2005 GMC Sierra Diesel Crew Cab, 1999 Lexus GS400
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I guess it's safe to assume that you won't be ordering a power increase or speed limiter removal!

Have fun and be safe.....

LOL!!! When I upgrade to an SL65, I'll be calling you!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Black SL Bullet
LOL!!! When I upgrade to an SL65, I'll be calling you!