SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Help with water leak ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Help with water leak ...

When it rains I get water at the very top of both A-Pillars as well as the bottom .. but not really the middle so it seems as if its leaking up top behind the pillar, and then running down the back and soaking at the bottom

Anyone have an idea where the water is coming from? Everything looks like it is sealed properly

Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by OrlandoForumsSL
When it rains I get water at the very top of both A-Pillars as well as the bottom .. but not really the middle so it seems as if its leaking up top behind the pillar, and then running down the back and soaking at the bottom

Anyone have an idea where the water is coming from? Everything looks like it is sealed properly

Thanks
I had a similar problem and had to take it back to MB Tampa for them to adjust the hard top...seals were fine. I've been through a couple of heavy rains (you know living in FL practically every day) and no leaks so far...!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I had a similar problem and had to take it back to MB Tampa for them to adjust the hard top...seals were fine. I've been through a couple of heavy rains (you know living in FL practically every day) and no leaks so far...!
Close to what Jon posted, I saw a tiny drip off driver "A" pillar during car wash & lil moisture in bottom back of trunk, $120 odd bux later all Bueno! they have to massage in special rubber seal treatment wish I would've known it was so minor, simple fix I'll be doing every 6 months or so, the rubber seals get dry & don't seal properly if left long enough you'll need new seals around effected area.