SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: my 03 SL55 issues. any help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 amg
my 03 SL55 issues. any help

hey guy jus a reminder im only 4 months into my sl55. i have a few question, i know that these engine are very grunty but i dont if mine is sounding right.

issue's
1. after hard acceleration i come off the gas and my belts squeak(even after belt replacement)
2. at idle i hear tis tis tis noise. (sorta like a belt noise)
3. i did the resonator delete and when i step on it it almost sounds like my rear end is making noise, or is it jus the exhaust.

now mind u had both belts and tensioner replace car has only 37k

any help will be apreciated. also any advice

Last edited by thatguy55amg; 08-27-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
Old 09-14-2009, 11:28 AM

SL55 amg
issues

Originally Posted by thatguy55amg
hey guy jus a reminder im only 4 months into my sl55. i have a few question, i know that these engine are very grunty but i dont if mine is sounding right.

issue's
1. after hard acceleration i come off the gas and my belts squeak(even after belt replacement)
2. at idle i hear tis tis tis noise. (sorta like a belt noise)
3. i did the resonator delete and when i step on it it almost sounds like my rear end is making noise, or is it jus the exhaust.

now mind u had both belts and tensioner replace car has only 37k

any help will be apreciated. also any advice
I have similar set up, '03 w/ res delete and now 38k miles, my exhuast developed a noise after a few weeks of res delete, a bracket cracked casuing the noise under certain acceleration......15 min @ exhaust shop and $0 to quick weld fised it and sounds perfect again

dunno about #1 or 2, something w/ supercharger belts? or is that what you replaced? (dunno much about that part)
Old 09-20-2009, 01:31 PM

All of them
Do either one of you have extended warranties? Is it all the time or only in the mornings untill completly warm. when the earlier production 230 chassis they have two different front covers, where the idler pully mounts to, its either cast or machined, if its machined your ok. if its cast, its been known to cause excessive squeeking. that reason why i ask. if its under extended warrenty it may be covered, if its not, it might be a pretty penny to repalce for a complete front cover on a 55 will run in the neighborhood of 20hours plus part, must drop the subframe down to get the lower and upper pan off, pull the valve covers, all the other acc. off then the front cover. its pretty involved. but thats worst case senario, if your a loyal customer to your dealer. Have them GOODWILL IT or bluff them with their CSI score