SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Am i imaging things?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 M45 Jeep Commander
Am i imaging things?

I have had a few problems lately with my SRS. The code was for over voltage and was reset. So, i decided to try and shut off the command and drive it to see if that would trigger the SRS again. To my surprise the only thing that has happened is a renewed sense of power.

It seems as if the car is much quicker and powerful when the command center is shut off?

Is it my imagination or is this a clear indication of an issue that my car is not getting the voltage that it needs when the command is on?

Does the convience battery have that much to do with the vehicle performance or, is it my lack of fundamental mechanical knowledge?

Has anyone experinced this?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
hehe... unlikely..

if code was for "overvoltage" that means your car sensed over 14.7 volts dc over certain period of time (i forgot).. alternator voltage regulator is usually the culprit.

if you are shutting things down the voltage should go up, so shutting down the command would result in higher voltage if anything else.

your diags do not add up... just drive until you get another error code and bring the car in. overvoltage sometimes are a fluke and you should not be concerned unless it comes back.

alex