SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Just finished a 2600 mi road test in the SL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by BeltFedBob
Car out of the shop today. The tires they said were way out of balance. Ran it up to 50 and the vibration apears to be fixed, will have to drive it this weekend up to speed and see if it really is fixed. Then I get to ***** at the three shops that attempted to balance the tires...

As for the AC problem, the overhead panel had a bad sensor that required the replacement of the entire panel. The repair charge for the sensor was about $1000.00. The Chrysler warranty took the sting out of that repair.

Brakes they said was "normal for each wheel has it's own pump" ;-)

New Johnson pump should be in next week to cure the IC problem.

The thing that really made me laugh is as I brought the car in for service and a salesman jumped on me to trade it in on his "last" SL63. Gave me the old "gonna be rare since Merc is not gonna be making the AMG anymore" I questioned that statement and he corrected it to say "they will be special order only and no dealers will stock the AMG". We shall see!
I'm not sure why, but I cannot find a tire shop that can properly balance tires on either of my mercs (SL and ML). Every time I buy tires, I end up having the dealer balance them properly to take all of the pulsation out of the steering wheel. All the tire shops tell me they have good road force balancing equipment, but they still don't get it right.