SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Powerchip-Travis/Jeremy went above & beyond any expectations truly CLASS ACT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:01 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
They had to double strap it, frnt/rear wheels plus rubber blocks out front, still didn't cure the problem so the runs were babied thru early rpm's...

Under the curve HUGE GAINS were made look @ 4500 rpm's nearly 100 RWHP gain @ that point & 53 @ Peak HP, there's more left on the Dyno just couldn't keep her down.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble on the dyno and your way there but maybe you need to work on your KARMA some too.. Strapping a car and driving to a dyno are very simple task for most of us, so you may look into why it goes so bad for you.. 30 pulls in 3.5 hours to get a tune??? You must have really had a bad day.

The dyno graph you posted may fool most but that is the most jacked/altered graph I have ever seen. Not doubting any numbers but the graph is wrong .. The TQ graph and HP graph seem to be from different pulls/cars. WTF is with that and why would you do that? No 600 HP curves go straight up on a graph and The TQ graph is below the HP cuvre.. Nice try but that is a trick to fool the masses here.. No 600 has a TQ curve cross the HP curve below 3000 rpm..hahaha Nice try but go back and get the right info and stop being a troll! You have trolled so many forums now, how can anyone ever belive what you say or post.. This miss-info can cosst people a ton of money..

Did you get a free to tune and in your rush to post altered graph, make a mistake or posted a corrupt file? Power chip is not even listed as a sponsor but you alter a graph to promote that tune and then list all this drama about a poor heat soaked motor on a dyno that does not work well, as it is known as a hearbreak dyno? Our members are far smarter than that..

Here is a link to a Renntech SL600 tuned car graph.. Very clear to see the scam you are posting here..

http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-Merced...phs-10167.html

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 11-08-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55

Under the curve HUGE GAINS were made look @ 4500 rpm's nearly 100 RWHP gain @ that point & 53 @ Peak HP, there's more left on the Dyno just couldn't keep her down.

Sorry to hear you had so much trouble on the dyno and your way there but maybe you need to work on your KARMA some too.. Strapping a car and driving to a dyno are very simple task for most of us, so you may look into why it goes so bad for you.. 30 pulls in 3.5 hours to get a tune??? You must have really had a bad day.

The dyno graph you posted may fool most but that is the most jacked/altered graph I have ever seen. Not doubting any numbers but the graph is wrong .. The TQ graph and HP graph seem to be from different pulls/cars. WTF is with that and why would you do that? No 600 HP curves go straight up on a graph and The TQ graph is below the HP cuvre.. Nice try but that is a trick to fool the masses here.. No 600 has a TQ curve cross the HP curve below 3000 rpm..hahaha Nice try but go back and get the right info and stop being a troll! You have trolled so many forums now, how can anyone ever belive what you say or post.. This miss-info can cosst people a ton of money..

Did you get a free to tune and in your rush to post altered graph, make a mistake or posted a corrupt file? Power chip is not even listed as a sponsor but you alter a graph to promote that tune and then list all this drama about a poor heat soaked motor on a dyno that does not work well, as it is known as a hearbreak dyno? Our members are far smarter than that..

Here is a link to a Renntech SL600 tuned car graph.. Very clear to see the scam you are posting here..

http://www.dragtimes.com/2007-Merced...phs-10167.html
I'm not quite sure what a SL600 graph is supposed to look like but the place Sean used is a very reputable place in Huntington Beach. Mike (dyno operator) is stand up guy and there's no way he would put his reputation on the line with a skewed dyno graph. I've used Autowaves dyno a few times now and I always walked away feeling Mike did a wonderful job. Whether or not his dyno is a heartbreak dyno or not, who cares, it's the delta that we all care about...right?The best thing for Sean to do now is to take it to the track and post some ET's and traps. This as you know will tell the whole story and dyno numbers are just that....numbers.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55
Originally Posted by Thericker
Late so basics, used Alan Bassan_07's Dynodynamic west coast heartbreaker, fully heat soaked after 2 1/2 hr + drive, straight on the Dyno w/91 octane base-lined 510 RWHP & about 595 RWTQ so as you can see my extra HP mods did/do work tho the RWTQ isn't in the Lunar levels like some DD's floating around these forums

Jeremy is truly an artist @ work, very methodical chipping away @ graph until everything is optimized & above ALL SAFE 3 1/2 hrs on dyno EZ 30 runs

After Powerchip ECU we saw, 563 RWHP 688 RWTQ (though TQ would've been 700+ my SL kept jumping off the Dyno & literally burning-out on Dyno in early rpm's you can see it @ 2600 rpm's it dips after 688 due to wheel spin & bucking off Dyno

They had to double strap it, frnt/rear wheels plus rubber blocks out front, still didn't cure the problem so the runs were babied thru early rpm's...

And then you woke up... Ricker you are pretty sad. First you troll on another members dyno numbers with nothing but negativety to the owner, the dyno operator and the tuner, then you get B-slapped around and discredited.

To try and save face you imaginatively create this drama filled story of your AMAZING dyno experience just a few weeks later.. How pathetic. There are so many holes in this tale.... great imagination.. wait I mean great drugs..

Let's see - which smiley would you use now? no maybe no perhaps your signature . I think this calls for -
Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
This whole war between you guys is getting old really quick. Both parties on opposite sides should just shut their mouth and run their car. Let the track do the talking. Not taking sides here but I'm just saying.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
997TT, R8 V10+, G550, Plaid S
actually since his graph is a dyno dynamics graph it looks perfectly fine to me and comparable to the other graph posted from dragtimes. on seans graph whp and wtq use a different scale, whp scale on the left and torque scale on the right. if you plot the numbers in excel on the same scale his chart looks just fine....

Last edited by prodigymb; 11-08-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by prodigymb
actually since his graph is a dyno dynamics graph it looks perfectly fine to me and comparable to the other graph posted from dragtimes. on seans graph whp and wtq use a different scale, whp scale on the left and torque scale on the right. if you plot the numbers in excel on the same scale his chart looks just fine....

Good catch Mark. Maybe the others should have evaluated the chart a little closer before jumping to conclusions if this is the case. Like I said, Autowave is a stand up place and they wouldn't ruin their reputation over a skewed dyno graph.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:00 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Originally Posted by bassn_07
Good catch Mark. Maybe the others should have evaluated the chart a little closer before jumping to conclusions if this is the case. Like I said, Autowave is a stand up place and they wouldn't ruin their reputation over a skewed dyno graph.
Mark, thank you for plotting the graph. Although you should not have to go through all this work for a guy that has been trolling people you post good nfo on this forum and helps others..

Bassin, That is the point, you have a guy like Mr Ricker who attacks others and then post a graph that has to be SPECIALLY plotted for others to see the correct Hp/TQ intersection of power and curve flow... The members from Texas or other American states have not attacked anyone but Mr ricker after he seems to curtail good info on this forum. We call this " learning by antagonizing others, as he is to uninformed to ask questions and would feel weak on the forum.. You have said it yourself many times and the same reason you have stopped posting your info on the forum. Because you get bashed by the same doubters and Rickster type antagonists.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 11-08-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 AMG
Mark, thank you for plotting the graph. Although you should not have to go through all this work for a guy that has been trolling people you post good nfo on this forum and helps others..

Bassin, That is the point, you have a guy like Mr Ricker who attacks others and then post a graph that has to be SPECAILLY plotted for others to see the correct Hp/TQ intersection of power and curve flow... The members from Texas or other American states have not attacked anyone but Mr ricker after he seems to curtial good info on this forum. We call this " learning by antagonizing others, as he is to un-informed to ask questions and would feel weak on the forum.. You have said it yourself many times and the same reason you have stopped posting your info on the forum. Because you get bashed by the same doubters and Rickster type antagonist.
I hear ya Brooke. I'm just defending PC and Autowave because they have done a wonderful with my car in the past. Like you said, I did stop posting a lot of info because of threads like this. I had guys who don't even mod their cars telling me things I didn't want to hear. To tell the truth, when I do run 10's I would only share amongst my friends and not post just to avoid the few lame comments I might read.

I was also asked the same question AMazinGocity is asking "So how much did you pay for your tune?" and I find it irrelevant. Whether the tune was free or not PC would still have to do an amazing job in order to get props from Sean. Sean would be the first to scream "BS" if they did less then promised, we all know this to be true.

It's just a shame that this board is becoming so defensive and aggressive as of lately. I've been no better myself with a recent exchange of words with AMGSC. After a few PM's with Robert we spoke on the phone and resolved the animosity that was building between us. If and when Robert and I do meet it's safe to say we could sit down and enjoy a few beers together. My point....maybe this is something you and Sean could do to get past this matter. The only thing that will come from the negativity between both parties would be less participation from other knowledgeable members. Just my $.02.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by prodigymb

Thanks Bro! also the RENNtech dyno Rebuilt-metal55 is trying to compare to my DynoDynamics is a DynoJet totally different graphs...

Nice detective work Exotic-metal55
Old 11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I hear ya Brooke. I'm just defending PC and Autowave because they have done a wonderful with my car in the past. Like you said, I did stop posting a lot of info because of threads like this. I had guys who don't even mod their cars telling me things I didn't want to hear. To tell the truth, when I do run 10's I would only share amongst my friends and not post just to avoid the few lame comments I might read.

I was also asked the same question AMazinGocity is asking "So how much did you pay for your tune?" and I find it irrelevant. Whether the tune was free or not PC would still have to do an amazing job in order to get props from Sean. Sean would be the first to scream "BS" if they did less then promised, we all know this to be true.

It's just a shame that this board is becoming so defensive and aggressive as of lately. I've been no better myself with a recent exchange of words with AMGSC. After a few PM's with Robert we spoke on the phone and resolved the animosity that was building between us. If and when Robert and I do meet it's safe to say we could sit down and enjoy a few beers together. My point....maybe this is something you and Sean could do to get past this matter. The only thing that will come from the negativity between both parties would be less participation from other knowledgeable members. Just my $.02.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Sean, you should bring your car to Famoso on the 21st or at least to Sacramento on the 14th.... if you miss those two events, you may not get an opportunity to run in December, and if you don't, then you won't have any good weather after December, so you may not be able to run until a year later unless of course, you want to run in hotter weather.

Alan will be at Sacramento next weekend, go steal the 10s from him
Old 11-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned

SL600
Great numbers Sean! We gotta line up the 600s while I'm still stock to see the difference. Should be getting my 6 back late next week!

I'm sure PC is spear-heading one big conspiracy! I mean, duh of course! That's it!

EM55/otherdouche, do you guys really believe half the sh.t you guys are saying? I don't think anyone is that stupid! Although you two...
Old 11-08-2009, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

not sure what the beef was here- i prefer to stay out either way. sean has actually helped me in the past with a project i worked on and saved me a decent amount of leg work.....

it's not his fault the graph was given to him like that. when i first saw it looked weird to me too - but thats just the way dyno dynamics output is. i am sure they could have changed the range to be the same on both sided, which was up to the operator of the dyno. when graphed correctly the output seems on par with the other graph posted on dragtimes. to be honest the gains do not seem unreasonable.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:13 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55

It is shame the board lost all the info you have learned and accumulated through hard work and $$$ spent, among many others.. I Fully understand but I plan to keep posting my good with the bad info as always. Just like when my motor came apart, TB issues, good track times or good dyno info. I post it all and can more than handle the haters. I know hundreds of board members now and speak by email and phone with people here and in 4 different countries.. I met people every week that read my post or knew me from other forums over the last 15 years.. Haters come with the forum world unfornutley and it is up to the members to police them or we all loose!

This started two weeks ago with (we know who) attacking Blazeone, FormulaZ, Eurocharged, and 98 Aggie`s dyno..This also was a direct attack on the other 20 members that were there and many are pissed at the same person`s being a hater.. Was I directly attacked ? No but I met over 20 forum members there and many others since and I also will defend them all for bringing their honest info and hard work to this board..

He posted on another section, that he wants to have me kicked off the board now for being honest with my info and never being involved in deragatory threads ( until two weeks ago).That is hilaroius..lol I think he wants to call my mother too..lmao! Again, defending over 20 members/sponsors here alone. Maybe more and will continue to do so.. Peolple that support this member and his post are just keeping us all from sharing good info and saving each other money..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-08-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
Sean, you should bring your car to Famoso on the 21st or at least to Sacramento on the 14th.... if you miss those two events, you may not get an opportunity to run in December, and if you don't, then you won't have any good weather after December, so you may not be able to run until a year later unless of course, you want to run in hotter weather.

Alan will be at Sacramento next weekend, go steal the 10s from him
I hear ya Mo! thnx for the invite etc, I need to take care of few things 1st, my blown out whl is being fixed graciously helped along by PC/Travis/Jeremy

then have to return SL loaner whls to Ed Blue_Monster (2 1/2 hrs south of me, million thnx Ed!!) in couple wks & put my old whls back on w/new rubber...

After that I have a 17x9 Hoosier 275/40 drag setup I'm buying frm another SL55 member here, I'll not disappoint def runing her SOON no matter the #'s I put up @ 1/4 they'll be posted here
Old 11-08-2009, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
It is shame the board lost all the info you have learned and accumulated through hard work and $$$ spent, among many others.. I Fully understand but I plan to keep posting my good with the bad info as always. Just like when my motor came apart, TB issues, good track times or good dyno info. I post it all and can more than handle the haters. I know hundreds of board members now and speak by email and phone with people here and in 4 different countries.. I met people every week that read my post or knew me from other forums over the last 15 years.. Haters come with the forum world unfornutley and it is up to the members to police them or we all loose!

This started two weeks ago with (we know who) attacking Blazeone, FormulaZ, Eurocharged, and 98 Aggie`s dyno..This also was a direct attack on the other 20 members that were there and many are pissed at the same person`s being a hater.. Was I directly attacked ? No but I met over 20 forum members there and many others since and I also will defend them all for bringing their honest info and hard work to this board..

He posted on another section, that he wants to have me kicked off the board now for being honest with my info and never being involved in deragatory threads ( until two weeks ago).That is hilaroius..lol I think he wants to call my mother too..lmao! Again, defending over 20 members/sponsors here alone. Maybe more and will continue to do so.. Peolple that support this member and his post are just keeping us all from sharing good info and saving each other money..

Where do you get this stuff? I never asked for you to be kicked off the forums?? you are conjuring things @ this point, also flat out lying about my SL's mods saying "I don't really have a res tank?" purely then Libelous statements over my recent dynos?

Your posting content & member credibility have all but vanished w/your latest ramblings..

PLUS one on the dumb ***! I heard he really doesn`t even have a 5.5 gallon trunk tank as mentioned in the sig..LMAOWBCOMN!!

Blazone, didn`t you get the AMG 20" corrected /adjusted tune for 20`ss? The AMG adjustment that allows 20`s to dyno like 14`s.. Shhhh don`t tell the troll..
I've simply contacted mods to clean-up your stalking/wrecking of multi threads w/current JFK conspiracy garbage...

Last edited by Thericker; 11-08-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I think some guys can be overly competive but they are not bad guys. I don't mind his antics that much. Yes he likes to bait and challenge members but that's what makes this forum stimulating rather than boring. But there is a fine line between doing that for good fun and disrespecting fellow members.

Even I ran at the track with my problematic car so I'm anticipating Sean's live run with some fellow members as that is the ultimate proof of great performace. An event where some of the fastest MBs all race together is the way to make your mark. As of now, I think we've got quite a few able to make it to Famoso, a local track to you Ricker. If you run neck and neck with Bassn07, UrNext and some of the other fastest West Coast boys.

I would love to attend just to observe and admire the fastest MBs in the west. Ricker, you gotta make this event. I can't even comment on my participation until I get my car tuned by Renntech, Kleemann or Eurocharged...

Last edited by AMGSC; 11-08-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Yes, this dyno chart is waaaay off. HP = (torque X RPM)/5252. Torque and hp should always cross at 5252. This one does not. Go back and get a proper copy of a dyno chart. This one is really bad.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:03 PM

a toy
...I been on these forums and respected for 15 years...
You invented the internets?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Yes, this dyno chart is waaaay off. HP = (torque X RPM)/5252. Torque and hp should always cross at 5252. This one does not. Go back and get a proper copy of a dyno chart. This one is really bad.
It's because the Y-axis scales are different for HP and TQ. See prodigymb's earlier post for further clarification; the punchline is that there's nothing wrong with his graphs.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BlownV8
scroll up this thread and see my post. there is nothing wrong with his dyno graph. for the 100th time. seriously - look at it for more then 2 seconds and you will understand exactly what's there.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Here's Alan-Bassn_07's Dyno from the same place (minus LT's) It's running basement 11's @ 131+mph notice ANY similarity in the graphs:
Then my Dyno

They're 110% legit, appears you Hick's are the ONLY ones suffering Dyno envy, Rebuilt-metal55 you've made a complete & utter *** of yourself once again way to go...

Last edited by Thericker; 11-09-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I been on these forums and respected for 15 years. This is childs play.. You are a troll I bet you feel sick.
This forum wasn't even around 15 years ago you are the biggest unrespected DOUCHER stock on this forum...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'15 E63S wagon
Geezus, I feel like I'm dodging bullets in Iraq reading this thread...I'm hoping the attacker in this thread will just go away and let the thread starter enjoy his thread (but what do I know)...

I just wanted to ask a question...*ducks for cover*...

Ricker, congrats on your build. The dyno graph makes perfect sense when one simply looks at the HP & TQ scaling, I'm not a dyno pro and even I can see that. Anyway the question--how the mother-F do you put down this kind of power on the street?

The kind of HP & TQ you're putting down would seem undrivable to me--I'm not knocking your car, I'm amazed with it. Just curious how the hell you drive it and if you can ever go past 1/2 throttle on the street w/out blowing the rear tires out even at freeway speeds? LOL At this point aren't the HP & TQ gains more for show than for literal "go" since it must be a bit*h to put the power down? I understand w/drag radials it could hook up, but daaamn.

One last question--what mods have you done to the transmission to handle all of this monstrous power?

Cheers, nice build
Old 11-09-2009, 04:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by mugatu22
Geezus, I feel like I'm dodging bullets in Iraq reading this thread...I'm hoping the attacker in this thread will just go away and let the thread starter enjoy his thread (but what do I know)...

I just wanted to ask a question...*ducks for cover*...

Ricker, congrats on your build. The dyno graph makes perfect sense when one simply looks at the HP & TQ scaling, I'm not a dyno pro and even I can see that. Anyway the question--how the mother-F do you put down this kind of power on the street?

The kind of HP & TQ you're putting down would seem undrivable to me--I'm not knocking your car, I'm amazed with it. Just curious how the hell you drive it and if you can ever go past 1/2 throttle on the street w/out blowing the rear tires out even at freeway speeds? LOL At this point aren't the HP & TQ gains more for show than for literal "go" since it must be a bit*h to put the power down? I understand w/drag radials it could hook up, but daaamn.

One last question--what mods have you done to the transmission to handle all of this monstrous power?

Cheers, nice build
Thanks buddy the V12 TT's are deceivingly tame until you step on it a little then hammer it, it feels like you are being pulled back into a small black hole, that funny feeling in your neck from all the torque just keeps multiplying, you find yourself rapidly running out of room & breath...

It's seriously the best fun I've ever had behind a steering wheel, it's drivable you just need to respect it much more now, it's taken me a few days to really get Mid evil w/it I got in her late tonite after gym, the ride home was intoxicating, absolutely lawless fun @ it's best, empty night time streets w/exhaust reverb bouncing off buildings on surface streets, then the decell-burble-pop frigin goose bumps. Powerchip/Jeremy tuned this thing PERFECT

Tranny is stock, ALL 65/600TT come w/Maybach upgraded trans to handle the extra TQ.

Last edited by Thericker; 11-09-2009 at 05:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Powerchip-Travis/Jeremy went above & beyond any expectations truly CLASS ACT!!!