SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Searching for a Dyno facility near Richmond VA.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Searching for a Dyno facility near Richmond VA.

Hello to all-

I am wondering if anyone knows of a reliable facility around town or at least within a two hour drive from Richmond VA, that can dyno my SL55 without complications? The one facility that I did find, caused both of my rear shocks to blow out and it cost me over 3K if I can remember correctly to get the repairs done, I cannot afford to go through that again. I guess when they strapped my car down they probably crossed the straps in a way that it caused my car to bottom out. Needless to say since I signed the disclosure statement, I was responsible for the repairs. As usual any suggestions would be deeply appreciated, thanks.

Chuck.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by charles pearson
Hello to all-

I am wondering if anyone knows of a reliable facility around town or at least within a two hour drive from Richmond VA, that can dyno my SL55 without complications? The one facility that I did find, caused both of my rear shocks to blow out and it cost me over 3K if I can remember correctly to get the repairs done, I cannot afford to go through that again. I guess when they strapped my car down they probably crossed the straps in a way that it caused my car to bottom out. Needless to say since I signed the disclosure statement, I was responsible for the repairs. As usual any suggestions would be deeply appreciated, thanks.

Chuck.
Heh that's not on. I would make sure I didn't have to sign anything, they must have insurance if they muck it up.