SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SRS Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS Question

Every so often (today) the electronics act weird. First, the parktronic will light up - front and rear (with nothing near it), it will stop working and then the SRS light will come on. Any ideas?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL55 AMG
There are a number of things that can cause the parktronic lights to go off w/o something actually behind there. Sensors at intersections while waiting at a red light will make mine go off, as will exhaust gases from a vehicle in front of me (but not in parktronic distance). This usually is indicated by going from zero lights to all lights instantly with the beep and then going away almost immediately. This is normal, and is just an unavoidable interference due to the way the system operates. I'm not sure if this is what is happening with your car or not, as the details are somewhat lacking. On to the SRS light, is it continuously lit now with the ignition on? You'll have to get the codes pulled to be sure, but mine was caused by high resistance in a connector under the passenger seat. The replacement connectors are available from the dealership and is a simple cut and splice 4 wires to replace it. I believe this light can be caused by either a high or low resistance on this connector in either the driver's or passenger's seat.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The parktronic seems to be a condition that occurs just prior to the SRS light coming on - which then stays on. The issue with the parktronic is that the front and rear come on - all that way to the redzone and then once they shut down, the SRS light comes up. Anoying!!!!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL55 AMG
Ok, now that sounds weird. How is your consumer battery in the trunk? If the voltage is low or the battery is on its way out, it can cause some pretty screwy electrical gremlins.