SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: A Few Updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
A Few Updates

I've still got in the works the SL55 bolt on muffler system. With the madness my schedule has become along with the growing success of our header header systems. It seem some of my projects as of late get back burnered a little. Fear not, I'll get them done, tested and to marked in due time.

I've decided to push back the production of the exhaust system to make room for a new exiting project. That happens to start Monday. We are further expanding our Mercedes AMG header line with SL63 long tube headers. If all goes as planned, and I got a good feeling it will. We should have our first set made and jigged by next week. As far we can see, they will be based on our existing style of headers currently available for other 63's.

Lets just hope no wrenches get thrown in my plans or have some other crazy scheduling conflicts.

Also On the carbon hood I mentioned a while back. I haven't forgot about that. The main hold up was tracking down a used hood that I can cut up, and fabricate the desired hood features I think will be classy and look nice. It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would be... It was one of those "How hard can it be getting a used SL hood in good shape?" We it was damn hard lol.

Its just going to be a matter of time now before that gets done.

At some point I will start modding my car past headers. In hopes to get ready for Famoso. However I have a few warranty issues I need to have the dealer sort out before I really feel safe about running this car down the track.

I'll keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed on those SL63 long tubes next week.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
hooley keep us posted on the SL55 mods as they become avialable bro..