SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: MBH product update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010 | 02:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
MBH product update

These days it seems like I'm not only all over many of the sub-forums here at MBW, but all over town too. With the thought running though my head for while of expanding the MBH product line. Its time to really bring idea's to reality. While MBH has grown at a healthy rate. We have since brought on some new additions to the MBH team. Including more inhouse fabricators, and even a carbon fiber team. So thats kind of exciting, knowing our C/F parts to come out will be made right here in Arizona rather than subbing it out to over seas.

Some things planed for next week are all SL55 related. They may even fit the other SL's out there, but thats yet to be seen. Somethings can't be mentioned yet. However one thing i can shed some lite on is the long awaited release (at least on my end) of the SL55 custom heat exchanger. 100% designed to fit the car. We are in the final fabrication stages of that project. Its looking to be a 100% bolt-on setup. I plan on running the Meziere pump complete with custom mounting brackets for easy install. All of witch will be available from MBH. Or for the folks who want to shop the pump around for the best pricing, you can just get the pump mounting bracket with the new H/E kit.

The SL or R230 Carbon fiber hood is going to be a reality. So thats very cool. I wanted to do some custom scoops on it. However the SL has such clean lines, so I'm thinking of just making one out of C/F to save some weight. maybe I will do a non vented hood first and then a vented one. I should get my renderings back tomorrow of what the vents would look like. When I do.. It would be cool to hear your thoughts on how it looks.

As for pricing on a C/F hood We are aiming for under 2k for for a made in the USA carbon fiber hood. made with the best resins complete with PPG UV clear coat.

Now the exhaust on these SL's is tricky. I mean I can make anything sound awesome, but these cars just want to drone. We think we have found a winner on an SLK55 exhaust system/muffler setup. Now its on to see how it translates to the SL55. I'll keep you updated on that as well.

I'd like to also let you know the good guys at SpeedDriven have came on as an MBH dealer. So if some of you SL55 guys are taking your car to SpeedDriven be sure to contact Jo @ speeddriven. He's a great guy and will work out anything you need for your car even if its not MBH stuff.

lastly, You may have read in the E55 sub-forum about the new MBH ELM now available. this ELm lets you raise and lower your car all from your steering wheel! I worked on this project in conjunction with loweringmodule.com. I have to report... I've had it on my car for about a month?? or so?? And it works flawlessly. Here is a video showing yo guys how it works... if you haven't see it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mjCMuLqZI

Anyways, I thought I would touch base with you guys on what going on in the wild world of MBH.
Old 10-29-2010 | 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 SL55, 2010 C63
Nice ELM video. I like it a lot. How much is it and how hard is the install? For the exhaust, are you working on the cat-back?
Old 10-29-2010 | 04:15 AM
a_Y

SL63 AMG, E46 M3, CL500
what about the headers for the SL63?
Old 10-29-2010 | 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
hooley excellent tutorial. It is a easy to use product!
Old 10-29-2010 | 04:34 PM

'03 SL55. Wife drives '06 SL500 and Range Rover Evoque
Nice. Put me down for one lowering kit.

Last edited by CHP_H8_ME; 10-29-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2010 | 05:06 PM
Banned

Speedriven
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
These days it seems like I'm not only all over many of the sub-forums here at MBW, but all over town too. With the thought running though my head for while of expanding the MBH product line. Its time to really bring idea's to reality. While MBH has grown at a healthy rate. We have since brought on some new additions to the MBH team. Including more inhouse fabricators, and even a carbon fiber team. So thats kind of exciting, knowing our C/F parts to come out will be made right here in Arizona rather than subbing it out to over seas.

Some things planed for next week are all SL55 related. They may even fit the other SL's out there, but thats yet to be seen. Somethings can't be mentioned yet. However one thing i can shed some lite on is the long awaited release (at least on my end) of the SL55 custom heat exchanger. 100% designed to fit the car. We are in the final fabrication stages of that project. Its looking to be a 100% bolt-on setup. I plan on running the Meziere pump complete with custom mounting brackets for easy install. All of witch will be available from MBH. Or for the folks who want to shop the pump around for the best pricing, you can just get the pump mounting bracket with the new H/E kit.

The SL or R230 Carbon fiber hood is going to be a reality. So thats very cool. I wanted to do some custom scoops on it. However the SL has such clean lines, so I'm thinking of just making one out of C/F to save some weight. maybe I will do a non vented hood first and then a vented one. I should get my renderings back tomorrow of what the vents would look like. When I do.. It would be cool to hear your thoughts on how it looks.

As for pricing on a C/F hood We are aiming for under 2k for for a made in the USA carbon fiber hood. made with the best resins complete with PPG UV clear coat.

Now the exhaust on these SL's is tricky. I mean I can make anything sound awesome, but these cars just want to drone. We think we have found a winner on an SLK55 exhaust system/muffler setup. Now its on to see how it translates to the SL55. I'll keep you updated on that as well.

I'd like to also let you know the good guys at SpeedDriven have came on as an MBH dealer. So if some of you SL55 guys are taking your car to SpeedDriven be sure to contact Jo @ speeddriven. He's a great guy and will work out anything you need for your car even if its not MBH stuff.

lastly, You may have read in the E55 sub-forum about the new MBH ELM now available. this ELm lets you raise and lower your car all from your steering wheel! I worked on this project in conjunction with loweringmodule.com. I have to report... I've had it on my car for about a month?? or so?? And it works flawlessly. Here is a video showing yo guys how it works... if you haven't see it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mjCMuLqZI

Anyways, I thought I would touch base with you guys on what going on in the wild world of MBH.
All great stuff, Mike - glad to be on board and to have YOU on board out there in the AZ! (just leave out the extra "d" ... Speedriven)
Old 10-30-2010 | 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Just to clarify, will your proposed hood fit an SL63 orjust the SL55. Apart from the over the top priced black series replica hood from guys like Inden there do not seem to be any hood options for SL63. Can you clarify?

Oh and don't forget RHD headers!