SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Photoshoot of my Misha Designs Edition Mercedes SL Widebody

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 misha widebody, C63, Bmw M6 ...Ferrari 360-RIP
very kool!!! anthony is gonna be doing my interior also this monday .. cant wait .. not sure if im gonna go that crazy on my stereo .. dunno yet ..
Old 12-18-2010, 01:45 AM

SL55 misha widebody, C63, Bmw M6 ...Ferrari 360-RIP
where did u get the steering wheel from ?? please lmk thank you !!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:33 PM

RS4 B5-C63 amg-SL 63 amg
incredible!
Old 03-29-2011, 10:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
03 SL500(Sold), 09 C300, 11 E550
Nicely done.
I just don't understand why there is a 5 point race harness in there? I hope you aren't planning on bringing this car to a track... it should be cruising on Main street with that sound system and those looks.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Late
Nicely done.
I just don't understand why there is a 5 point race harness in there? I hope you aren't planning on bringing this car to a track... it should be cruising on Main street with that sound system and those looks.
the car is a show car 10000% it has no place on a track...it's heavy, bulky, plasticky ... looks nice for hot import nights or something like that but things like the functionality, future resale value, and performance envelope are destroyed...
Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sunir
the car is a show car 10000% it has no place on a track...it's heavy, bulky, plasticky ... looks nice for hot import nights or something like that but things like the functionality, future resale value, and performance envelope are destroyed...
Just what kinda material? Do you think your PLASTIC/Polyurethane OEM bumpers & sideskirts are made outt've?

You really sound jealous, for someone that thinks so poorly of this kit/build you sure seem to love staring @ it & making umpteen overly excessive negative comments about it (BTW future resale part I'd love to see how much your SL would fetch vs this extremely well done build upon resale FYI the original prototype 03/04 SL55 MishaDesigns build was recently bought by forum member "360Jami333" I believe it was advertised in hi $50k's lo $60k' ALL it had BEFORE sale was the Misha bodykit/new wheels & paint)

PS.. ZERO SL's have ANY place on twisty track, even a properly piloted SL65 Black Series. Still too heavy etc.. These SL's are straight line bombers, & mod-wise the performance destroyed build above as you coined it would literally destroy your SL in the 1/4 mile, provided both had proper drag whl/tire set-ups...

Last edited by Thericker; 04-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:49 PM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Very well done.
However, it's hard not to think about all that money spent on this project could/might be able to get an Sl65 Black Series straight out?
But if you're happy, it's all that count.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Thericker
Just what kinda material? Do you think your PLASTIC/Polyurethane OEM bumpers & sideskirts are made outt've?

You really sound jealous, for someone that thinks so poorly of this kit/build you sure seem to love staring @ it & making umpteen overly excessive negative comments about it (BTW future resale part I'd love to see how much your SL would fetch vs this extremely well done build upon resale FYI the original prototype 03/04 SL55 MishaDesigns build was recently bought by a forum member here, I believe it was advertised in hi $50k's lo $60k' ALL it had BEFORE sale was the Misha bodykit/new wheels & paint)

PS.. ZERO SL's have ANY place on twisty track, even a properly piloted SL65 Black Series. Still too heavy etc.. These SL's are straight line bombers, & mod-wise the performance destroyed build above as you coined it would literally destroy your SL in the 1/4 mile, provided both had proper drag whl/tire set-ups...
Sean a few things:

1) the car with the kit looks good, for show purposes, I don't think poorly of the kit I simply think it's good for a very specific function, for showing the casr at events that draw a certain crowd (like the import/tuner crowd)...there are things I like about the kit and some things I don't...it's all good just my opinion as long as the owner is happy that's all that really matters anyways...

2) believe me I am not jealous...I would not do it personally, If I were to spend money it would more than likely be on performance mods

3) How can you assume that this car would "destroy" my SL in a 1/4 mile? Do you know what I have done to mine in mods? Also how can you gauge my ability as a driver? Furthermore think about aero drag, more unsprung weight and rolling resistance on all four cornders, more static weight, stereo, etc...etc...on the widebody. How can you really make such an assertion based on absolutely no knowledge and info about my car and only from what you've seen from the other?

4) We are on these forums to speak our minds, to help others, and to post freely and openly...I am just doing so on my end and I do like many things about the car but in terms of performance I think it has given that up for show and that's cool but it is what it is, I'm not going to kiss this car's *** like everyone else here just because everyone else is doing so...
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Here, here to Sunir. Ppl need to stop being so sensitive, stop begging for compliments and don't post on here if they can't take the heat.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Thericker

What are you talking about the SL55 is an amazing track car and it outruns both the M5 and M6 on the Nurburgring. The SL65 as a matter of fact is slower than the SL55 on the track.