SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL65 project. Code name maximum "OverKill"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SL55AMG + SL600 + E320 + A180
Originally Posted by Max.H
I mean paint them, take the clear part off and paint the inside that is all chrome. I just need to find an auto body shop that I can trust with these expensive pieces.
Do you know how to take this “chrome” of plastic parts? then I would love to know it …….

I would not open up the stock headlights. It will fog up over time. Sometimes sooner then later. Hope this helps [/quote]

Hmmm .... headlights are not totally airtight – there are ventilation holes in the back of them – if there wasn’t they will build pressure and thereby damaging the headlamps.
Misting is nothing you can avoid and it happens when they are cold and come in contact with warmer, humid air. It usually goes away when you have been driving with the headlights on for 20 minutes. If the headlights is still fogged or water is to been seen inside of them after that, then you could have a leaking headlight - but it is normal there is a moister on the inside of the surface of the headlamp – probably that’s why an old lamp kinds of losses it’s glans when time goes by ….. ..... just well ha ha