SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Another race lost!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Another race lost!

So I'm cruising back from picking up my SL63 rear spoiler. I got the tunes going as I'm headed home. About 2 cars up in the left lane is a Lamborghini Gallardo. So I shut the A/C off and pull up beside him on a wide open stretch of highway. We He jumps on it first and I get on it. He pulls a little on me. However I was thinking it was due to the jump he got. After a get back down to 60mph. I jump on it to give him a high speed pass. I can here him jump on it just before I get beside him. At this point I'm pulling a little from my early jump. Then this Lambo shoots off like I was standing still!

I get back to the shop and call my friend who details my car. I asked him if his buddy with the white Lambo has dealer plates. Sure enough it does. I had a feeling it was that Lambo. Turns out I was up against a Heffner twin turbo Gallardo making 750hp on pump gas and 900 on race gas (from what I hear). I new I heard turbos when it was in front of me.

Camaro 1, Lambo 1, Hooley's SL55 0. If I keep this winning percentage up I'll be on par with the Iraqi air force in the gulf war.

In any event I've been inspired to make my SL faster. With that said SL55 stuff is next on deck. Rear muffler section (maybe with integrated low profile QTP electric cutouts that I have sitting on my deck right now), Heat exchanger, and affordable intake mod. Along with a bigger throttle body. Im open to suggestions.

On another note: I got a hook up on OEM SL63 style rear spoilers. Intro price is $350 painted to match your car. I just got it for my car and it looks awesome. I'll take some pics after I wake from my coma tomorrow.