SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: how did you guys get so rich?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by mustbetheazn
I havent found any....
Try windows xp power tools image resizer.. that's what i use on both my cameras..

DSC P10 and P9 from Sony..
Old 07-01-2003, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Its funny how stocks do turn into cars!!!

Of course having a good job helps too!!! I work about 44 hours a week....sucks, but it pays the bills.

Also getting money from mom and dad helps too. I started with a CD of around $4K in 1992. (money my grandparents saved for me) I put the whole $4K into stocks when the CD matured. remeber this is 1990's...I bought Pfizer and Microsoft.

These stocks helped me to get my CLK55 today!! ( I didn't pay for the whole thing with the stocks...just down payment)

So the moral of the story....get a good education, get a good job, get lucky in the stock market, and marry a rich woman!!!!

Oh yeah, you could also win powerball!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only thing u need to know about stocks is that it's a pyramid scheme. your stock prices go up because the people in the pyramid under you are putting their money into the market w/ hopes of getting to the top. the trick is to know when the market's at or near the top and sell everything. you essentially take everyone else's money that's trying to get into the pyramid at that time. when the market drops, start anew at the bottom of the pyramid. doesn't even matter what stock you buy, get a hot stock w/ lots of volatility or get an index fund, the overall market bias will determine whether or not you make money.
Old 07-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Banned

2003 BMW M3
Hard work, brains, luck, and STOCKS!

I'm 15 and I have an M3. Some retard crashed into my 2001 GS300 and it was all over for her. There's a pic in my sig of my M3 with some of my neighbor's houses in the background. I mostly invest in over-seas stocks. Stocks in China are EXTREMELY profitable. My father helps me choose but he lets me make the final decision. American companies such as Philip Morris (sp?), Home Depot (believe it or not) among others are very nice stocks to invest in. Not only do they make quite a bit of money, they also mostly give you QUARTERLY BONUSES! Big earnings + big bonuses = my M3 and GS300.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by BEn xD
Hard work, brains, luck, and STOCKS!

I'm 15 and I have an M3. Some retard crashed into my 2001 GS300 and it was all over for her. There's a pic in my sig of my M3 with some of my neighbor's houses in the background. I mostly invest in over-seas stocks. Stocks in China are EXTREMELY profitable. My father helps me choose but he lets me make the final decision. American companies such as Philip Morris (sp?), Home Depot (believe it or not) among others are very nice stocks to invest in. Not only do they make quite a bit of money, they also mostly give you QUARTERLY BONUSES! Big earnings + big bonuses = my M3 and GS300.
whoa...wonder what my dad will say to that now.
but yeah, i still need some more knowledge on stocks..then i ll go and buy some.
but wow, 15 and already have a M3?!...sh|t
Old 07-06-2003, 07:14 PM

Alfa Romeo 147 1.6TS
Wow, this looks like really useful information.....thanks! As a Mazda MX3 - driving 17 y/o with a view to upgrading my car and a few g's to burn, this topic has me VERY interested indeed. I'm doing economics as a subject in high school, but we haven't covered the stock market yet. What advice would you guys give to somebody investing in the stock market for the first time? Should I go through a broker or use an online company? Any good reading material/brokers/particular stock types out there that you guys would recommend??

Cheers,
Dan
Old 07-06-2003, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
I just purchased my stocks with DLJdirect....now Harrisdirect.com

If you know what you want ...just buy them online. I personally like sharebuilder.com

I have a nice Roth IRA with them.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:45 AM

2000 ML
No offense!!!

In Canada,your age needs to be at least 16 in order to get a DL. I don't know about the age restriction in the states. But how can it be 15?
Old 07-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Almost a Member!

a program to downsize images

here is the link to download a program that will downsize your images to whatever you want and its free...

http://www.picperk.com/

when its downloaded - use image resize and try out smaller sizes till you get to about 56kb instead of 2mb !

cheers
Old 07-25-2003, 03:47 AM

2008 AMG E63
Thats Great. A C32 is pretty tight man. I wish one day to drive a CLK55 soon in the near future. Right now i got a Acura MDX. the best that i can do. I am glad at this forum we have alot of people who are hard workers who work for their money I do too. Maybe soon after i get out of collegei be baulin in a SL55
Old 07-29-2003, 01:56 PM

Talking Heck, I don't pay a dime for my Benz!

Hi,

I’m a little new to this forum but I wanted to give my 2 cents also.

It’s actually not that hard to afford a Mercedes.

I bought my 2001 E320 on monthly payments a while ago but I don’t pay a dime out of my pocket for the payments.

You could say I drive it for free and that is true since I don’t pay anything for it except gas and insurance.

I’m planning on writing a report on my whole easy system.

I know you guys would be interested so I’ll let you in on the juicy secret when I’m done typing it.

It’ll be a real eye-opener!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:45 PM

2000 ML
What's the catch? It sounds too good to be true. I've seen the scheme on the net. But really don't know how it really works?! Is it avail in Canada?
Old 07-29-2003, 03:45 PM

2000 ML
What's the catch? It sounds too good to be true. I've seen the scheme on the net. But really don't know how it really works?! Is it avail in Canada?
Old 07-29-2003, 04:57 PM

C43 AMG
I'm only 15 y/o, and carless.
However, this morning I invested $5,000. Coincidence, it was my first time, and now I am reading this thread.

Also, nobody will ever get rich working for money. If you work for money, you will never be extremely wealthy. You need your money to work for you... IE: Stocks, Real Estate, etc...
Old 07-29-2003, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by WyattH
[B
Also, nobody will ever get rich working for money. If you work for money, you will never be extremely wealthy. YOU NEED YOUR MONEY TO WORK FOR YOU... IE: Stocks, Real Estate, etc... [/B]

nicely said
Old 07-30-2003, 11:18 AM

Hi Starcraft,

No, no catch. And of course no BS Yeah, I know its hard to believe.

But I do actually own the car and make payments on it. It’s just the money that comes for the payments are free.

And I know what you are talking about. That scheme is the biggest hype on the internet. And don’t buy into it! That involves putting adv. On your car.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/928722.asp?cp1=1

My method has nothing to do with that.

What I do is send the Mercedes-Benz dealership customers their way (referrals) and get paid about $900 - $1000 USD in fees. It pays for the car and money on the side. Not too shabby!

And yeah, you can do it in Canada.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by WyattH
I'm only 15 y/o, and carless.
However, this morning I invested $5,000. Coincidence, it was my first time, and now I am reading this thread.

Also, nobody will ever get rich working for money. If you work for money, you will never be extremely wealthy. You need your money to work for you... IE: Stocks, Real Estate, etc...

This post gets the "Cliche of the day" award. I don't disagree with your comment, but you have to have money to begin with in order to invest it. It's even harder for people who are starting from the bottom.

Also, the stock market and real-estate are over rated. There's more to investing that just putting money on a "well known" company. It involves patience, timing, psychology, and strategy - all of which first timers do not posses. First timers get burned easy by a) putting all their cash in one stock, b) Buying at the "peak", c) Buying into the "hot stock" gossip in the media (by the time word gets back to the media outlets, the early birds are selling, not buying), and d) not doing the homework. If you don't understand the business and how it fits into the economy, then you don't need to invest in that particular company.

Real estate is just as elusive. If you are talking about foreclosures and the famous "Carlton Sheats" program, I got news for everyone who's interested. Its getting harder and harder to come across the properties. Everyone wants to play the game but only a few actually follow the rules. I have seen so many properties over-bidded by 15-20+ thousand. These amateurs are drying up the well.
Old 07-30-2003, 06:28 PM

I have to definately agree with you.

Idiots like Wade Cook with his 'amazing' stock strategies has lost over millions of dollars although he teaches people how to invest in stocks.

And Just the other day in my area I heard of an investor who purchased a forclusure and all the plumbing was totally wiped out that now he has to hire plumbers to replace the whole thing. It will cost him literally minimum $20 G's.

But sometimes people who start from the bottom of the ladder can skyrocket their success by modeling off others success. And that of course is 'real' success. Not just some yahoo saying you'll make a million sitting in your underwear!
Old 07-31-2003, 01:42 AM

2000 ML
Originally posted by speedbenz
Hi Starcraft,

No, no catch. And of course no BS Yeah, I know its hard to believe.

But I do actually own the car and make payments on it. It’s just the money that comes for the payments are free.

And I know what you are talking about. That scheme is the biggest hype on the internet. And don’t buy into it! That involves putting adv. On your car.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/928722.asp?cp1=1

My method has nothing to do with that.

What I do is send the Mercedes-Benz dealership customers their way (referrals) and get paid about $900 - $1000 USD in fees. It pays for the car and money on the side. Not too shabby!

And yeah, you can do it in Canada.
You mind if you could tell me in more detail? I still don't get it. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 S560,14 ml350, 03 sl55, silver, pano, slr cams, evo headers, lsd, 2019 s63 cab.
this discussion is such B S. start you own business and work hard. stocks are a risk and like gambling. gamble only on yourself.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:14 PM

well..you guys are lucky to be able to jump onto the wagon when your stocks are doing well. Double lucky when cars are cheaper in your country. From where i come from (Malaysia), a brand new s350 cost about close to a million (malaysian ringgit). That amounts to approx Euro 230,000. If you see what fresh grads are paid here...about Euro400-550 a month, you can see why even owing a japanese sports car is a dream come through already.
Would not even want to think how much AMG and SL cost.
Old 08-01-2003, 02:13 PM

2000 ML
Well, same thing happen in Taiwan. But the fact is that even if you have a nice car, you would not dare to drive it often since it's kinda dangerous to drive nice cars down the road. My dad owns a 93 S320, he bought it brand new. Guess how much kilo it has now?

39K now. He always stores it in Gararge. 10 years for 39K, that means 3900kilo/ year. What a sad story