SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Guys, Please tell me where I can buy HID foglight bulbs, red caliper paint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question Guys, Please tell me where I can buy HID foglight bulbs, red caliper paint

Hey guys can you please tell me where (phone numbers, email addresses, websites) where I can buy better light bulbs for my foglights, driving lights, reverse lights, etc... and if so, what is the exact name of the bulbs so I don't order the wrong size, dimensions, wattage, etc... (sylvania I heard makes a better bluish white bulb for the fogs but I'm not sure)

Also where should I buy red brake caliper paint... my mechanic said he can apply it if I bring it in for him....and how can he apply it without messing up the "AMG" sign on the calipers? Thanks guys!

And lastly, where can I and/or should I buy stainless steel brake lines and a better higher performing brake fluid, brake pads, high performance engine coolant, higher performance transmission fluid?

I just thought maybe these small things could enhance my SL 55 without having to spend tons of money right now....any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
call hidextra.com they have all the kits and bulbs to convery lights
ebay has all the chrome turn signal bulbs and led bulbs, and goodridge s/s brake lines, and amg brake decals. you can get red caliper paint at auto parts store like pep boy.
But i wouldnt paint a amg caliper red
Old 04-03-2012, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question Thank you....

Thank you okbarnett....

Do you know exactly what kind of ss brake lines to order? As in which ones will fit my car? I was going to order super blue racing brake fluid to go with them, is this a very good one?

Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
Only one part will fit your car, only one goodridge. NO other brake fluid but mercedes origional.