SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Beware of Execmalibu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55
Angry Beware of Execmalibu

I bought a used set of SL65 wheels on this forum in nice condition from Execmalibu So He said from the post dated 3/15/12. Please read post WTB sl55 63 65 OEM wheels. It took two weeks to get the wheels because he said his car broke down and then he tried to make me pay for insurance over the agreed sale price of 2200.00 to my door. I asked him if he had planned on shipping these wheels without it. He was going to, 1st clue of what type of person I was dealing with. Wheels arrived in boxes that were not properly packaged opened them up looked at wheels very disappointed from the second I saw them, not the nice used wheels he described on the phone and in his post. Had to wash wheels so I could see what I had gotten. Found one of the wheels had been painted with gray spray paint on the inside edge about 3-4 inches wide X 6 inches long. One of the front wheels centers had been painted and had orange peel in the paint not the nice Mercedes paint job. Sent Execmalibu an email asking about these repairs, nothing back from him. I then took them to our local wheel repair shop (This guy can do miracles with damaged wheels) he looked at them in the back of my truck and told me that one of the wheels had been welded/Repaired but would inspect further when he could get to them. When I returned home I called Execmalibu (Jeff) to explain my dissatisfaction with the condition of these wheels and that the wheels had been dropped off at the shop for inspection, his response was they are used wheels and that he didn’t know anything about the repairs. I explained that used wheels are what’s on my car now, repaired doesn’t mean used or nice. I feel if my girlfriend can see these problems they must be pretty bad. I explained that if these wheels are bad I expect a full refund due to the false statement in his post and his conversations with me, he said we’ll see. Ryan at the Wheel company called me today 4/17/12 when they got around to inspecting them and gave me the bad news that not one but two of the wheels both fronts had been repaired and both of those are cracked. Shop said they can’t repair these wheels. I called Jeff told him what the shop had found again he didn’t know anything about any damage or repairs, I asked him again these came off his SL65 and he said yes. He then told me there was no refund and that all sales are final. He also said that I stiffed him on the 80-90 dollars for the insurance, is this guy for real. I’ve spent 2200.00 for wheels that two of them can’t be fixed and 100.00 to have them inspected and he’s pissed about 80-90 dollars. I have never heard of someone on any forum selling items that are not as described. When i told him Look for my post about this he called me back within ten minutes and said send him the pics. I did then I get a email after 2 emails asking him if he had seen the pics saying one of the wheels has a hairline crack and the other one has a scratch. I emailed him back that no both wheels are cracked and unrepairable. He emailed me back on the 23rd of April and said he might have a car coming in at the end of the week that he might be able to get the 2 front wheels off of it. New update 4th of May he wants me to ship one of the cracked wheels to him and pay 89.00 more dollars. So if i do that I will have 3 wheels not 4, then wait for have him to find another then charge me again. I dont feel I should have to pay another penny to this guy. What do you members think of this deal? Karmas a *****
Old 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully you paid by credit card and can open a dispute with the card company. Good luck resolving this issue. Thanks for letting others know.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Wow, sorry to hear about that. The guys a con artist, plain and simple. Hope everything gets resolved soon.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 PM

SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
The Representations by Duckman748 are NOT what actually happened!

In every dispute there are two sides to the story... This is all documented in emails.

Robert Potts AKA Duckman cheated me for $89 then asked for my help. I offered to send him another wheel or have his wheel repaired. I tried to work this out but he refused.

Story-
I offered a set of used SL65 wheels that I had as spares for my own car, they appeared to be very nice. There was NO obvious damage and the faces of the wheels looked very clean with no scratches or curb damage... Robert Potts contacted me about the SL65 wheels. We agreed on a price including being shipped from LA to Florida. He sent a small Paypal deposit and then about 10 days later I received the balance on a Friday in the form of an Out of State, Personal check.

I deposited the check on Monday and waited about 5 days for the check to clear... I am not sure how you guys handle Out of State Personal Checks but 5 days for it to clear is not unreasonable. Especially after it took 10 days before he even sent it.

As far as the shipping, I agreed to pay for shipping. But the cost was almost double what Robert and I estimated and before I shipped the wheels I called Robert and he agreed that insurance was a good idea and that he would pay for the insurance. After the wheels were boxed and delivered to Fedex I sent him an email requesting the money for the additional insurance he had agreed to pay for. That is when he went totally sideways and said he changed his mind that he was NOT going to pay for the insurance. Not even offering to split the $89 cost for the insurance. He thought the wheels had been shipped already and that he could stiff me. In reality I could have had Fedex return the boxes but I let it go.

The wheels were securely wrapped and boxed in (4) brand new boxes that I had to go out and buy... I had no idea that cardboard boxes cost $16.99 each!!! That was $68 plus tax ($74) that I had not expected but a deal is a deal so it was on me...

After he received the wheels about a week later he called to say that on the inside lips of two of the wheels there was a little drama. He said that he would have the wheels inspected and would get back to me... Two weeks later he sends me a photo of a tiny hairline crack on one wheel and a few small scratches on the other wheel. In his own words from HIS email to see the damage "you have to really look."... He also only discussed the crack after having the wheels for over two weeks.
I offered to replace the cracked wheel or offered that Marco at Detroit Wheel says he has repaired hundreds of AMG wheels and I agreed I would pay them.

Last week I let Robert know I found another nice wheel. I told him I would have it dismounted and pay to have the wheel carefully inspected including being spun to check for cracks, flat spots or wobble.

Today I emailed that the wheel checked out fine and that he should send me the damaged wheel back and the $89 he stiffed me for.

Robert called me and said that he was NOT sending the wheel back or the money (this is confirmed by Robert in this post)... So I said Goodbye and hung up.

The fact that he refuses to return my wheel before I send him the replacement has me very suspicious that the damaged wheel was probably not one of the wheels I sent him? He admits he has used wheels already on his car. And why was there no mention of the crack initially plus would it take almost three weeks to have the wheel shop check the wheels? The wheels had no tires... Shouldn't their inspection take only 5 minutes?

I am not sure how you guys would have responded.

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 05-07-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:48 AM

SL55
Good to see that soon to be banned responded, but once a liar always a liar. Is this guy always worried about money? 16.99 here, 89.00 there I'm the one that has 2 wheels I paid for but cant use and 2200.00 out of pocket. The wheels are now his spares? first I heard of that. So no obvious damage jeff, gray spray paint to try and cover up the repair and crack on the one wheel, the other has a bare spot were it was repaired. Cracked wheels = a little drama in this guys mind. Jeff you do realize You need to find me two wheels not just the one. I've got a fix for all of this send my money back and I will have the wheels sent back. I know that he won't do this deal because he knows he will never be able to sell these wheels. AMG you said it all Guys please dont deal with this Crook
Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 AM

SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
Email from Robert... He admits that you have to "really look"

Remember this guy cheated me... Read his post. He ADMITS that he REFUSES to return the damaged wheel.

In his first email to me he makes no reference to painted or bare areas. That came after him having the wheels for almost three weeks.

Also even after three weeks from HIS email in his own words Robert wrote to see the damage "you have to really look."....

I offered to replace the supposedly damaged wheel with another wheel in perfect condition. But like with ANY and/or ALL returns from any seller on the planet, I asked to have the defective merchandise returned first. I wanted to see the damage and to make sure it was actually one of my wheels and that he was not trying to pull another move on me... Then I would send the replacement wheel. Some people will buy a product and put their old broken item in the box and then try to return it.

He REFUSED to return the supposedly damaged wheel! Very Suspicious isnt it?

He already cheated me... Now he is asking me to trust him that it is one of my wheels and that he will pay to send back the wheel after I send him the replacement...

And to clarify Robert it was $16.99 x (4) =$68 + 9.25% tax =$74... So it was $74 here and $89 there = $163 that I paid above what we agreed.

You refuse to return the damaged wheel which is very suspicious. Then the only other option is use the $89 that you stiffed me for and send the wheels to Detroit Wheel. They charge $90 max to completely remanufacture AMG wheels. I will pay $90 to refurbish the other wheel. That is my final offered take it or leave it.

Interesting update...

Robert filed a claim with Paypal for non receipt of the items...

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 05-11-2012 at 12:25 PM.