SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: ABC fluid dump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ABC fluid dump

Was leaving my house and going about 5 mph when I heard a pop from the front. The pavement was smooth and since I had just started my drive I figured it was just the suspension relaxing.

About 30 seconds later the "ABC Visit Workshop" and then "Car is too low" messages showed up in Red letters on my console.

On my return back to the house I noticed a 1/4 mile long fluid trail. Fortunately, the spill didn't lead all the way to my driveway so my neighbors won't know I'm the culprit.

The dealer had just changed one of my ABC valve blocks.

Oh well, this will be another test of my CPO warranty. Just hate to have the car in service during the limited summer days of Michigan.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by carlsturm
Was leaving my house and going about 5 mph when I heard a pop from the front. The pavement was smooth and since I had just started my drive I figured it was just the suspension relaxing.

About 30 seconds later the "ABC Visit Workshop" and then "Car is too low" messages showed up in Red letters on my console.

On my return back to the house I noticed a 1/4 mile long fluid trail. Fortunately, the spill didn't lead all the way to my driveway so my neighbors won't know I'm the culprit.

The dealer had just changed one of my ABC valve blocks.

Oh well, this will be another test of my CPO warranty. Just hate to have the car in service during the limited summer days of Michigan.
I hope they get you back up and running soon. Those beautiful summer days are precious. What part of Michigan?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Ann Arbor. Dealer diagnosed a broken hydraulic hose. I'm happy to hear the car should be ready tomorrow.