SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Newbie with new set up n new I pump related question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which move point A to point B.
Newbie with new set up n new IC pump related question.

Hi guys,

So finally I gave myself some free time n I m installing the parts I ordered from shardul (he is the man). Since I live in Myanmar I don't really have the MB workshop nor the person who knew about MB (most of the ppl in here r falling in love with OEM n they knew nothing about after market) So I m on my own n this forum help me to get my goal.

So today I installed. Trunk tank, changed the new 010 bosh pump with old one, PTE thermostat, belt warp kit n smaller SC pulley. Everything went flawlessly so far. Already bought the EC remote cable n tune gonna install when my internet connection is good. At this point how many HP am I looking up?

The question start here. Since I had the another pump in my trunk tank I need to wire. N today I found out that the front pump did not work until the thermostat open (I might be wrong). However what I want to do is I want to wire to both 2 pump equally. So I m guessing I will try to wire the rear pump from the front pump relay (or any better idea). Long story short! How do I wire to both pumps from same power source?

My next set up might be LTH n x pipe.

Happy driving everyone!

Last edited by crazyfox; 11-12-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:19 AM

For got to post a crappy ph pic.
Attached Thumbnails Newbie with new set up n new I  pump related question.-img_00000489_edit.jpg   Newbie with new set up n new I  pump related question.-img_00000486.jpg   Newbie with new set up n new I  pump related question.-img_00000485.jpg   Newbie with new set up n new I  pump related question.-img_00000483.jpg   Newbie with new set up n new I  pump related question.-1374898066251.jpg  

Old 11-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
dammmm that looks nice
Let me know when you are ready for some LTH

Last edited by shardul; 11-12-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by shardul
dammmm that looks nice
Let me know when you are ready for some LTH
thanks bro! For sure I will let u know when I decided to pull the next trigger. Any other mod that u would recommend?

For the IC pump I want to give both pump from the same power source. I m thinking like I will wire up the rear pump from the front pump fuse (good idea?). Do u know where that if pump fuse located at?

Btw my flow set up goes this way. From radiator outlet to new EC HE deposit n from new EC HE outlet into pump. From that pump I connect with rear trunk. From rear trunk pump push into the original radiator. Am I doing it right?

Today I did not wire up the rear pump n my car gave me a warning sign (when I check out front reservoir drain, n when I gave the power to trunk pump It gets flood). I guess I had to do the both pump run in the same time. For the rear where should I connect the wire into?

Thanks for the big help!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Any other mod that u would recommend?

Just headers

For the IC pump I want to give both pump from the same power source. I m thinking like I will wire up the rear pump from the front pump fuse (good idea?). Do u know where that if pump fuse located at?

Check in the Rear sam will will fine some switched power.

Btw my flow set up goes this way. From radiator outlet to new EC HE deposit n from new EC HE outlet into pump. From that pump I connect with rear trunk. From rear trunk pump push into the original radiator. Am I doing it right? No

Rear tank > directly to SC > front heat exchanger > front pump > rear tank

Today I did not wire up the rear pump n my car gave me a warning sign (when I check out front reservoir drain, n when I gave the power to trunk pump It gets flood). I guess I had to do the both pump run in the same time. For the rear where should I connect the wire into?

Block off the bleed line from the aluminum tube that goes to the coolant reservoir. You have to isolate the sc cooling system from the engine cooling system (please let your tech know this)
Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM

I see thanks for correction. So I m running 2 pumps just for SC cooling?

Right now I already install sc pulley n belt warp. I don't think I will tune for awhile due to the internet connection. It's ok to run with tune yet?