SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Red Stuff etc. brake pads - discount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG
Red Stuff etc. brake pads - discount

I ordered a set of EBC Red Stuff brake pads for my SL55 AMG from KSpecRacing yesterday, (I have these on my Audi A8, and my Porsche 928 GTS and REALLY like them - good bite/stopping and very low dusting). In response, they sent me the following:

"I will issue you a coupon code so you can get some additional savings on our EBC product line.

The code is: EBC37

Please go ahead and help spread more news about us to your forum members and you can share the coupon code as well. Thanks."

SO - anyone who is interested in buying EBC Green Stuff (street), Red Stuff (HP street or mild track), or Yellow Stuff (Track) brake pads, feel free to use this discount with any order you might make with KSpecRacing (www.kspecracing.com).

Gary Knox

Last edited by kittyandgary; 03-08-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
\
Originally Posted by kittyandgary
I ordered a set of EBC Red Stuff brake pads for my SL55 AMG from KSpecRacing yesterday, (I have these on my Audi A8, and my Porsche 928 GTS and REALLY like them - good bite/stopping and very low dusting). In response, they sent me the following:

"I will issue you a coupon code so you can get some additional savings on our EBC product line.

The code is: EBC37

Please go ahead and help spread more news about us to your forum members and you can share the coupon code as well. Thanks."

SO - anyone who is interested in buying EBC Green Stuff (street), Red Stuff (HP street or mild track), or Yellow Stuff (Track) brake pads, feel free to use this discount with any order you might make with KSpecRacing (www.kspecracing.com).

Gary Knox

I have the red stuff pads from ebc on my c63 and love them, they are low dust / good stopping power and no noise! a lot better then the oem pads, replaced them at 31k , put about 3.5k kilometers on them and im very happy with them so far!
Old 03-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
06 SL65AMG, 13 Tesla Model S 60kwh, 02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0, 12 S550 4 Matic, 07 E320 Bluetec, 06 LX470
My OEM SL65 pads squeek like a truck when I'm 10mph to stop, Are the red stuff pads like that?
Old 03-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG
The Red Stuff pads I have on the 928 GTS and the A8 are the first time I've had EBC pads. Used lots of other types, and either had too much brake dust, too much noise, too little stopping power. Never found the combination I liked as well as I have with these Red Stuff pads.

I might have tried their Yellow Stuff for track driving, but I retired from that at age 76 last summer and sold the track car. They don't claim that the Green Stuff pads have low dusting.

I've found the urban/suburban driving with the Red Stuff gives VERY good feel, almost no dusting, and in about 2K miles of driving, haven't heard any squeal on the A8 (haven't driven the GTS very much since installing them there). The pads are a Kevlar/ceramic composite. Can't speak for rotor wear, but it is supposed to be minimal (less than the metal matrix reinforced pads, I'm sure). The 'bedding' procedure they recommend is quite different than high performance pads I've previously used. They recommend ~1K miles of typical urban/suburban driving without any HARD breaking (if possible). I have not tested them for high speed or mountain driving 'fade', but believe it should be good, as they are a 'high performance' type pad.

Again, no association with either EBC or KSpecRacing. Just a very satisfied customer, and changing to their pads on the SL55.

Gary-

Last edited by kittyandgary; 03-08-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
\
Originally Posted by V12TTenthusiast
My OEM SL65 pads squeek like a truck when I'm 10mph to stop, Are the red stuff pads like that?

zero squeak on my red stuff pads so far ( on my oem pads the squeak noise would be there all the time from 10mph to stop) like I said before, very satisfied with this product.