SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: 05 Navigation system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65
05 Navigation system

I have an 05 SL65 that has a problem in the Navigation system where-by an actual physical address cannot be entered, only a block number. I know that last year I found a thread about this problem and solutions included updating the Nav disc (that did not work), having the "firmware" reprogramed by the dealer, etc.. Since that time I have had the car in to the local MB dealership for service and mentioned the problem to them. They indicated they know of no such problem ever existing and claim to have contacted MB service at the Corp. level and no one knows anything about any such problem , nor how to remedy it. So, this leads me to another thought. I have an extended warranty on the car that covers the radio and nav system. So, if this is an unknown problem then it follows that the Nav is then not performing as it should, or in plain words it is broken and therefore the nav system should be replaced under my warranty, correct?