SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Supercharger coolant pump info and source

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2003 SL55 AMG
Supercharger coolant pump info and source

There has been a LOT of discussion about various supercharger coolant pumps on the following MBWorld Forum:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...placement.html

IF you are interested, it's well worth reading. It's several pages long, and the 'good information' doesnt' really come until the mid-late pages. The 'guru' there from England has tested over a dozen different coolant pumps, including the first Bosch used by MB/AMG, and the upgraded replacement Bosch model used in later cars. The upgraded one is a significant improvement in coolant flow, therefor keeping temperature of the air into the engine lower.

However, the pumps he most recommends are Pierburg pumps that are used in BMW's (his flow rate charts clearly show dramatic improvement). These are about $250 -$300 or more at a BMW dealer, and in the open market The Pierburg CWA 50 (same pump) runs in the $150 -$200 more.

I've found that these pumps are quite popular with the guys who are developing and driving electric cars, and found a source for the pump at a significant discount. I paid $75 plus reasonable shipping costs for a new one I recently bought and just received.

The fellow selling these has more, and is willing to have his e-mail given to those interested in buying (but he is leaving home - west coast - in a few days and may not be responding to e-mails for a while). IF you are interested in purchasing this significant upgrade for your supercharger coolant, contact me via a direct e-mail and I'll provide his e-mail address. I'm sure it will be first come first served until his supply is exhausted.

My e-mail address is: kittyandgary@verizon.net

Last edited by kittyandgary; 08-08-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
gary just sent you an email.

thanks for this info