SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Central Lock and Top Pump problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55 AMG
Central Lock and Top Pump problem

Hello guys,

last week there was a storm in Lebanon, and due to too much rain, water leaked into the trunk because the water path was clogged with leafs and dirt.. Everything in the trunk is wet..

The car was locking and unlocking fine, but the top wasn't opening. So I decided to disconnect the central lock pump, and the top pump, to let them dry in case they are wet, I left them for a day disconnected, but the weather is still cold and I don't think it was enough for them to dry.

I connected them yesterday, the central lock fuse is blowing every time I press the key on the trunk release , and the top always say "close boot separator"..

Do you think guys I should give more time for the electronics to dry? or both pumps should be replaced? I'm just confused why the fuse is blowing
Old 02-17-2015, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Current: C217 V12TT AMG Previously: C55 AMG, SL65 AMG
The pump for the top is hydraulic, and yes you may have fried it if you got water sitting in the bottom of the trunk well. The previous owner of my car replaced his pump when he spilled a 2 liter bottle in the trunk.

The boot separator is the trunk cover that has to be down. One of the sides has an internal switch to it; maybe you can take a multimeter and check if it's working. If not, it might be the computer that's reading that switch...